SafetyCall International/Pet Poison Helpline
SafetyCall International (SCI) is looking for an experienced Accounting Coordinator to join our team! This individual is responsible supporting SafetyCall’s accounting efforts, accurately and ethically, in the following functional areas: accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and others as assigned.
The Accounting Coordinator is a full-time, Monday-Friday, position. This position will report to our Bloomington, MN office, but will have flexibility to work from home 3-4 days a week as well.
- Create and distribute invoicing via email or by utilizing various client specific portals and purchasing systems.
- Provide support and promptly resolve billing inquiries and collection issues with clients.
- Input assigned new clients into QuickBooks.
- Assist with the reconciliation of credit card payments and QuickBooks records against entries in the proprietary software.
- Assist with the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions, ensuring vendor invoices are accurate and that all invoices and staff reimbursements are paid accurately and in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist with vendor expense analysis and tracking.
- Assist with filing and archiving of accounting documents.
- Assist with billing data for long distance telephone calls.
- Provide support for biweekly payroll process by working with the Human Resource Manager to learn the process and complete payroll as needed.
- Assist with multi-state payroll tax set up and maintenance, including completing and submitting initial registration with state and local agencies and working with payroll provider to establish new state setup within the software. Monitor quarterly tax reports and resolve issues as they arise.
- Assist with reviewing Payroll reports and preparing journal entries for input into QuickBooks.
- Assist various payment programs by communicating with clinics, processing credit cards, and working with IT vendor (s) to update clinic lists in databases.
- Assist with processing consumer credit card information accurately and according to policies and procedures.
- Assist with the process of producing and distributing receipts to clinics and/or pet owners as requested.
- Assist with entering and tracking consultant time into QuickBooks.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience as a bookkeeper.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in accounting.
- Prior experience working with payroll, including managing payroll taxes. Experience with ADP Payroll system highly preferred.
- Experience working in QuickBooks or a similar accounting software with willingness and capability to work with/learn multiple software programs.
- Proven experience and knowledge with keyboarding, PCs, Microsoft Office and other software and hardware programs.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate and professional on a regular basis, including during stressful or high-pressure situations and interactions.
- Strong attention to detail, numbers and spelling with the ability to accurately enter data.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely and accurate decisions.
- Ability to work efficiently and analytically under pressure.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ products, procedures, and case detail as well as SCI’s operating procedures.
- Customer service focused attitude and behavior.
- Can quickly adapt to changes in work flow, policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities in order to be efficient, complete all assigned projects in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
SCI is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services. Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
SCI offers competitive pay, a fun work environment with many perks, and the opportunity for advancement. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefit package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, pet insurance, paid time off, 401k with match, a bonus program, paid holidays and more.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Accounting Coordinator (Remote) ]