Alexandria, VA, USA
The Water Environment Federation is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Water, Science & Engineering Center. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, this administrative position will perform duties such as coordination of meetings, ordering and maintaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, working on special projects as assigned, answering correspondence, as well as assembling information. This position will interact with a diverse group of external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment will be required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Schedules and organizes activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for members of the department.
- Assists with creation and development of presentations and other desktop publishing projects for the department.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, layout and making appropriate changes. Also responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the department and retrieves information from files when needed.
- Organizes and prioritizes information and calls.
- Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Assists in planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and creating brochures.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred or 4+ years relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Detail oriented and accurate with excellent organizational skills, people management and troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, identify and react to potential problems, and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation; experience working with technical groups preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This person will work primarily in an office environment using standard office equipment.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary requirements to WEFrecruitment@wef.org
WEF is an equal opportunity employer