Denver, CO, USA
If you are self-starter comfortable taking initiative and the kind of person who is always up for the challenge, then we want to interview you for our growing team!
The Community Management industry provides great opportunity for career growth and development. We hire based on talent and values, and we will train you! We will also help you obtain industry licensing. This is a great opportunity to start your career in a new field or enhance your knowledge in property management.
To succeed you’ll need these skills or be willing to learn:
• Keen problem solver
• Active listening skills
• Intellectual curiosity
• Professional appearance
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experienced in Microsoft Office
Visit our careers website for current opportunities at https://associaonline.com/about/careers. Full time only – robust benefit packages available – background and credit check required with drug screening.
In this role you’ll work alongside licensed Community Managers to manage a portfolio of community associations. Successful team members utilize their superior organizational and verbal/written communication skills to successfully tackle multiple projects and priorities that include contracting, financial reports, compliance issues and issuing work orders for maintenance work. Strong customer service skills should be utilized to “go the extra mile” for our clients. Must demonstrate the ability to adapt and learn in a fast paced environment.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Primary contact for homeowners via phone calls, voice mails, email, faxes, and walk-ins
• Issue service requests to maintenance or contractors
• Maintain covenant control database and deliver notices to Association Members
• Maintain client files
• Assist the Community Manager and team
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Building successful communities for more than 35 years, Associa is North America’s largest community association management firm and serves its clients with local knowledge, national resources, and comprehensive expertise. Based in Dallas, Associa and its 9,000 employees operate more than 170 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada and the United Arab Emirates. Locally, we have three offices serving Colorado’s communities.
• World-Class Training
• Company-paid CAM licensing application and registration
• CAI (Community Association Industry) Course/Designation Assistance
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Comprehensive Medical Benefits
• Flexible hours and scheduling options
• Wellness Incentives