16 Northwest 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Delta Dental of Oklahoma
Join Delta Dental of Oklahoma, the leading dental benefits provider in
the State of Oklahoma.
Looking for someone that wants to make a difference.
This position will work 40 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Responsible for assisting in the drafting and reviewing of legal documents necessary for the operation of DDOK. To provide research and assist DDOK in all matters that have to do with state and federal law and ensures legal compliance. Responsible for meeting all applicable compliance and regulatory requirements and to further DDOK’s image with the state and federal legislators. To oversee, and coordinate where necessary, all compliance requirements from Delta Dental Plans Association (DDPA), the state and the federal government. To oversee, write and maintain policies, and develop procedures to comply with the law and various privacy regulations and privacy best practices. To work closely with IT security by coordinating privacy with security practices and oversee the privacy portions of the annual annual SOC and tri-annual HIPAA audits. To review, coordinate, and maintain privacy agreements with third parties. To attend appropriate legislative and committee meetings, coordinate lobbyist activities, and to effectively communicate with legislators and their office staff. Review all legislative activity and report if necessary to executive staff. To prepare responses and gather information for legal inquiries. Accountable for the management and the direction of the Compliance and Governmental Affairs Department, the Delta Dental of Oklahoma Political Action Committee (PAC), and to assist Chief Operating Officer in any other areas and projects, as needed.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- College degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Psychology or other related area. Managerial experience – will consider seven (7) or more years management experience instead of a degree.
- Minimum of five years work experience in the insurance industry.
- Minimum of two years experience working with legislation and government requirements, including HIPAA and/or Privacy.
- Excellent analytical skills are required for interpreting best practices and requirements, comparing them to current practices, and developing a roadmap for reconfiguring processes and/or policies. Attention to detail is imperative.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Privacy rules and policies, (including but not limited to HIPAA), in order to provide consistent and effective support.
- Basic knowledge of the intersection of Privacy and Security with regard to technology concerns.
- Excellent People Skills are required to coordinate department activities as well as activities regarding vendors and customers, and to convey professionalism via written and verbal communications. Must have ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships within the organization.
- Problem Solving Skills are needed to answer internal and external inquiries, questions or problems raised by department personnel or external customers, as well as provide claims processing and benefit solutions to the needs of the customers.
- Ability to understand and work in a technologically advanced and highly-virtualized information technology environment.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION
- MBA designation.
- CIPPUS or CIPM Privacy Certification.
- HIPAA Certification.
- Knowledge of state legislative functions.
- Knowledge of ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security Act).
- Legal experience in a law firm or other entity.
- Knowledge of Insurance Laws.
- Experience in Operational areas of insurance company.
- Experience in a Privacy and/or HIPAA related position.
- Knowledge of Privacy frameworks.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Assistant Vice President of Privacy, Compliance and Operations (16 Northwest 63rd Street, Oklahoma City, OK, USA) ]