W238N1800 Rockwood Drive, Waukesha, WI, USA
Midwest Engineered Systems, Inc.
Midwest Engineering Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for 30 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for an AUTOMATION TECHNICIAN. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience programming industrial robots (ABB, Fanuc, Kuka). Must be able to write (from scratch), update and troubleshoots robot programs is required. PLC programming helpful.
**** $1000 SIGNING BONUS ****
Under general supervision of the Automation Manager, the Automation Technician is responsible for programming robots and other automation equipment. Works as a member of a project team to assist with electrical and mechanical build and coordinates work with others. Installs, troubleshoots, and maintains products/equipment. Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed. Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers’ needs. Contributes to new system concepts and customer contact. Performs site installations and start-ups, achieves an on-time completion of project within project budget.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Meets project schedules. Provides manufacturing manager and lead project engineer with timely status reports of projects.
- Reviews installation layouts, mechanical prints and electrical schematic drawings.
- Modify existing control systems and robot software either in hours/ or in the field as needed.
- Performs in-house testing on control components and systems. Performs equipment tests at vendor site as needed.
- Create, modify, and troubleshoot programming for various robots such as ABB, Fanuc, and Kuka
- Assists with panel wiring and mechanical assembly to meet project schedules.
- Travel as required, which can be up to 50%, to complete project and service tasks.
- Supports customer training efforts.
- Maintains a strong company presence and positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish smooth system start-ups.
- Perform field services duties as assigned
- Perform Preventative Maintenance of customer equipment as assigned
- Stay current in new developments in the industry.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Automation Technician/Robot Programmer (W238N1800 Rockwood Drive, Waukesha, WI, USA) ]