Shenandoah Fleet, Montgomery County Fleet Garage, 1283 Seven Locks Rd., Rockville, MD 20854
Shenandoah Fleet is a veteran-owned, verified service-disabled small business providing fleet maintenance services to federal, state, and local governments.
· Perform basic repairs on a wide variety of vehicle makes and models with minimal technical supervision, including some preventative maintenance (oil, lube and tire repair)
· Complete preventive maintenance by inspecting, servicing, and correcting discrepancies in accordance with maintenance policies, directives, and advisories
· Adhere to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
· Follow verbal and written instructions; meet schedule and attendance requirements; perform all physical requirements of position
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, coworkers, and customers
What We’re Looking For:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License and good driving record
· Minimum 2 years’ auto repair experience; 1 ASE at time of hire or able to obtain 1 within first 90 days
· Willingness to work in a mechanical shop with moderate or loud noise level
· Must possess all tools required for auto repair and maintenance
· Basic computer skills (typing, data entry)
What we offer:
Hourly rate, not flat rate; $22-$25
Incentive pay for each ASE certification (.20/hour)
Paid time off
Medical, dental and voluntary life and disability insurance
401(k) with matching dollar for dollar employer contribution up to 3%; plus .50 on next 2%
· Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present
· May be periodically exposed to inclement weather conditions or other work conditions by nature.
· Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel and squat to perform repairs and inspections
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds at times
· Must be able to stand for long periods
· Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to work with small fasteners or components
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Must have clean drug screen and satisfactory background and MVR checks.
Shenandoah Fleet is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/Veteran/Disabled. E-Verify employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Automotive Technician (Shenandoah Fleet, Montgomery County Fleet Garage, 1283 Seven Locks Rd., Rockville, MD 20854) ]