San Diego, CA, USA
San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction Department is searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated technical experience as an Aviation Systems Program Specialist. The position aligns aviation terminal and landside operational technology and system projects consistently with organizational strategies and objectives; integrates sustainable practices into programs, deliverables, projects infrastructure and platforms, and:
- Oversees delivery and design of various terminal and landside facilities mechanical and special technology solutions and infrastructure, low voltage, baggage handling, fire life safety and intrusion detection systems to ensure standards and integration of systems; manages requirements validation, system design, hardware and software procurement, systems installation and testing, systems acceptance, and training.
- Manages project life cycle including scope, budget, schedule, costs, design, quality and delivery; ensures alignment of work efforts with organizational priorities, plans, standards and programs.
- Coaches and fosters team’s success, competencies, accountability, development, diversity and customer focus; recognizes and rewards achievements, completes corrective action and oversees consulting/contractor services.
- Collaborates and negotiates activities with designers, contractors, cross-functional project teams, and other stakeholders; resolves issues, conflicts and problems particularly with respect to process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices.
- Serves as primary liaison with designer on design issues during design phase and on scope change design issues during construction; maintains partnerships with cross-functional teams, consultants and other stakeholders; represents programs and projects as the Authority representative and makes presentations.
- Tracks and documents financial, statistical, project data activities and plans; generates reports, written materials and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
- Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationship, expectations and approach; completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
- Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
- Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Completes review of situation or factor and collaboratively generates alternative or solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
- Relationship Management– Cultivates interpersonal rapport and trust by exhibiting consistency and reliability; listens for issues or conflicts and collaborates with others to develop relevant and meaningful solutions.
- Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Leveraging Technology – Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Associate degree or technical certification in engineering, information technology, project management or a closely related field.
- Four years of information technology project management. Experience with aviation or airline systems management is preferred;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $72,690 – $94,525.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Aviation Systems Program Specialist (San Diego, CA, USA) ]