Glen Burnie, MD, USA
Elevate Recovery Center
The Behavioral Health Technician is a vital member of the Elevate Recovery Centers System of Care. The BHT is under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Technician Supervisor and is responsible for the complete care and well-being of the clients while they are treated at ERC, as well as recording client behavior, and provide a safe, supportive environment for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a safe, therapeutic environment for clients.
- Monitor and observe the client’s behavior. Document interaction as necessary.
- Transport clients to outside activities.
- Search new client admissions belongings to ensure no contraband is brought into the facility and valuables and medications are secured.
- Provide regular safety checks of the houses and report any risk to the Assistant Director of Operations
- Prepare residential areas for new clients
- Conduct random house searches for contraband
- Ensure all houses are kept clean.
- Works closely with the Clinical and Medical teams
- Attend all shift change and staff meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of one year working in a treatment center environment
- Must have the ability to interact with clients and staff in a professional manner
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Must have two years of continuous sobriety before hire.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize needs
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong computer skills to include Word (Google Docs), Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Standing for prolonged periods
- Work in a temperature-controlled environment- 60-70% of the time spent indoors
- Ability to lift a maximum of 25 pounds
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Behavioral Health Technician- All Shifts (Glen Burnie, MD, USA) ]