Hallock, MN, USA
Sprung Services, Inc
$2000 Signing Bonus in addition to a *$1000 Hiring Bonus
$28 (2nd Class B) to $32 per hour starting wage depending on License – Sprung Services will facilitate qualified US Navy Veterans with obtaining the required licenses.
Minnesota Licensed 2nd or 1st Class B Boiler Operator position
- Safely operate and adjust high pressure gas boilers in the steam generating plant.
- Observing boiler plant operations using control and monitoring software from the control room.
- Adjusting furnace draft measurement and control.
- Adjusting for steam demand and firing rate control.
- Adjusting steam and reheat steam temperature control.
- Maintaining maximum boiler efficiency by adjusting, reading, and interpreting gauges, indicators, and steam flow meters.
- Setting up and tuning boiler control loops.
- Conducting flue gas analysis and adjusting fuel combustion trimming controls accordingly.
- Operating and maintaining boiler & cooling water support systems including: Make up water system, water softening system, reverse osmosis system, deaeration system and chemical treatment systems and cooling water systems including the cooling tower.
- Operating and maintaining the wastewater and wastewater treatment system and components.
- Performing firewater system maintenance and monitoring.
- Performing water quality test for all water carrying systems including boiler makeup water, condensate, waste, cooling, fire water, and reverse osmosis.
- Maintaining gas valves and distribution system.
- Monitoring over-pressurization devices and steam traps.
- Maintaining various records and reports relative to steam plant operations.
- Recognizing the importance of boiler safety control and start-up interlocks.
- Performing routine rounds and inspections documenting results and issues.
- Making necessary adjustments to minimize operating issues (hence, maintenance issues).
- Performing routine preventive maintenance interventions (PMs).
- Applying lubrication consistent with asset lubrication schedules.
- Repairing assets using best maintenance practices.
- Troubleshooting assets performing poorly or exhibiting deteriorating conditions
Minimum Qualifications (required):
- State of MN First Class B Steam Engineer’s License
- Experience with operation, maintenance and control of the boilers, boiler plant system including water testing, water flows, understand the function of the softeners, transfer pumps, and feed water pumps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and otherwise undesirable conditions.
- Experience in a food processing facility
- Ability to spend considerable periods on feet including walking, standing, climbing steps, and climbing ladders.
- Ability to push, pull, and physically lift 50 lbs. from the floor to the waist, and above the head.
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120 ft.
- You may be required to work while squatting, kneeling, or crawling
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
*Bonus is paid out in 2 $500 payments after 30 days and 90 days.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Boiler Operator (Hallock, MN, USA) ]