2830 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, USA
1. Knowledge of plumbing and troubleshooting/repair.
2. Ability to upgrade plumbing fixtures.
3. Communicate to manager and /or co-workers both in writing and verbally all updates of plumbing repairs.
4. Mechanical aptitude and demonstrate experience using common hand tools.
5. Perform repairs, preventative maintenance, and service of all plumbing systems according to building codes and standards.
6. Must be able to respond to emergency calls after hours.
7. Well organized and can take the initiative to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
8. Follow written and verbal instructions.
9. Preform simple record keeping tasks.
10. React quickly and be able to making decisions.
11. Experienced with minor mechanical repairs and use of hand/power tools.
12. Perform corrective and preventative maintenance on facility’s building.
13. This position is considered essential personnel and you will be required to work in the event of an emergency or facility need.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Perform maintenance.
3. Repair and/or upgrade and test all water systems, equipment, and fixtures.
4. Ensure timely completion of work in accordance with accessibility.
5. Preform general maintenance and repairs to the interior and exterior of the facility.
6. Assist other trades and workers with all phases of building maintenance including carpentry, painting and HVAC systems.
7. Ensure safe access in and around all work areas.
8. Daily cleaning of facility grounds
9. Snow/Ice removal as needed.
11. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat.
12. Drywall installation/repairs
13. Replace light fixtures and electrical switches.
Able to perform maintenance in units including but not limited to:
1. Smoke alarms: Replace batteries or install new smoke alarms.
2. Replace air conditioning filters.
3. Change light bulbs.
4. Install no-burst water hoses.
5. Move balcony furniture to/from Resident Storage.
6. Remove clogs from commodes, sinks and bathtubs.
7. Un-jam garbage disposals
8. Repair or replace sink faucets.
9. Replace flush valve in commode.
10. Replace bathtub diverters.
11. Reinstall towel bars.
12. Put bi-fold doors back on track.
13. Screen doors: rollers, rescreen screens, replace screen doors.
14. Glass doors: rollers
15. Louvered door: repair or replace hardware only (Check with Property Manager)
16. Plumbing leaks
17. Caulking of doors/windows
18. Front door weather stripping (B & C wings)
19. Locks on mailboxes
20. Install/replace shower heads.
Must be willing to learn if not already proficient in:
1. Ability to read blueprints and plans.
2. Must be able to perform/learn carpentry and painting skills.
3. Hang doors.
4. Pool maintenance skill
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Building Maintenance Technician Part-time (2830 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, USA) ]