Alexandria, VA, USA
Bulk Delivery Driver
Alexandria, VA, US, 22311
Requisition ID: 50326
Posting Locations: Alexandria
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Teammates!
Our Secret Ingredient is our Teammates.
We offer great rewards, competitive pay, career advancement and growth opportunities.
Full Time Teammates are also eligible for:
• Paid Training
• Paid Time Off plus paid holidays
• 401(k) with Company matching on a dollar-for-dollar basis
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Group Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability
• Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
Refresh and Grow your Career with Us!
The Bulk Delivery driver is responsible for safely and efficiently operating diesel-powered tractor-trailers to transport and deliver products or materials in the packaged or palletized form to and from customer locations for local and regional distances following Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations and Company policies. This position unloads pallets loaded with the product within customer accounts, and repositions empty and loaded trailers, and interacts with customers and sales team while ensuring excellent service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs assigned pre-shift activities to ensure productive shift. Reviews work schedules, checks equipment, and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, including the accuracy of the load, and prepares for operations
- Conducts a daily pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection and in route safety inspection of truck and various trailers to ensure safe operation of all equipment according to FMCSA regulations
- Safely and legally operates the tractor-trailer at all times following all applicable laws and Company policy. Check and complete required paperwork associated with freight, obtaining required signatures and documentation verifying cargo pick-up and delivery
- Effectively trip plans using maps, GPS, written or verbal information to ensure efficient, legal, and on-time pick up and delivery to meet scheduled door times. Uses an electronic log to record daily hours of service following FMCSA, state, and Company requirements. Loads and secures cargo against movement and damage within the trailer. Maintains seal control as required
- Capable of reading and understanding information related to the trip and be able to plan effectively for the trip. Loads and unloads freight at customer locations using electric pallet jacks, manually or by other means. Fosters relationships with team members and store personnel to eliminate any potential issues and maximize volume opportunities
- Performs needed post-shift activities including but not limited to coupling and uncoupling trucks from various trailers, slide tandems as needed, be able to lower and raise loading gear, and open and close cargo doors, climbing on and off the vehicle safely. Refuels truck with diesel fuel. Secures all equipment and machinery, and completes all required paperwork
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to this position and the FMCSA regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid FMCSA physical certification with Interstate non-excepted classification within 60 days of entry into the position
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) valid for Interstate driving using manual and automatic transmission within 60 days of entry into the position (timeline for a permit, license varies by location)
- Two (2) years of verifiable tractor-trailer driving experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred. Lifting requirement of 50 lbs
- Ability to use a pallet jack
- Must be able to lower and raise loading gear, and open and close cargo doors, climbing on and off the vehicle in a safe manner
- Capable of reading and understanding information related to trip and be able to plan effectively for the trip
- Hand-held device also serves as cell phone
- Willing to work varying shifts including over-night and early morning
- Knowledge acquired through 1 to up to 3 years of work experience
- Valid driver’s license; excellent driving history – CDL required; Hazmat Certification where necessary
The work environment will vary, including but not limited to exposure to weather conditions, coolers, and customer storage areas which may be non-temperature controlled
Coca-Cola Consolidated, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Bulk Delivery Driver (Alexandria, VA, USA) ]