Somerset, NJ, USA
A full-time mobile position providing case management services and eligibility screening to veterans in the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program. Flexible hours, including evenings and weekends and an ability to travel within the service delivery areas, are required.
Catchment area: Somerset and Hunterdon County
- Provides case management services including intake, assessment, housing stabilization, budgeting, financial entitlements/benefits, case conferences, referrals for adjunctive services, family meetings, advocacy, and liaison with other community and governmental agencies, landlords, real estate agents, and real estate brokers.
- Provides linkage and referral for mental health, substance abuse, legal, and other service needs.
- Provides eligibility screening to applicants and collects and maintains accurate and detailed records.
- Meets with participants in community settings such as shelters, jails, hospitals, and private residences.
- Recertifies participants as required by the grant guidelines.
- Documents service delivery accurately and timely while ensuring veteran confidentiality.
- Enters intake, contact, housing stability plans, temporary financial assistance, and other information in the electronic health record in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately and consistently follows Agency fiscal and billing procedures.
- Transports veterans in agency vehicles in a safe, cautious, and responsible manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or a related field.
- 1 year of case management experience, preferably in working with veterans or the homeless
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must reside locally to the assigned service catchment area.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Typing).
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Case Manager ]