Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), Minnesota, USA
ACTS Airport Services
ACTS Airport Services is a part of ICTS Europe, a global aviation security solutions organization with over 16,000 aviation security professionals operating in 23 countries. ACTS specializes in the provision of aviation security and customer experience solutions and is one of the leading providers of aviation security and customer experience services in the United States.
Aviation Security Officers are an integral part of ensuring our nation’s air transportation network is secured. ACTS’ aviation security officers are committed to delivering our mission “to be the most trusted aviation security provider in the United States” and are responsible for the safety and security of the airports they protect.
ACTS has immediate fulltime openings for Aviation Security Officers in Minneapolis. ACTS offers competitive wages and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, and paid vacations and holidays. Apply today to join the global leader in aviation security.
Aviation Security Officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the airport where they work, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
- Control access to restricted areas of airport, only allowing access to authorized individuals
- Screen and log persons and/or vehicles accessing restricted areas
- Control access and conduct vehicle inspections at perimeter access points to the Airport’s secured areas
- Conducted vehicle inspections at entries into non-secure areas deemed vulnerable
- Conduct screening of employees, vendors, visitors and belongings utilizing x-ray machines, hand wands, and/or magnetometers
- Conduct random employee/vendor screening and visual inspection of belongings
- Access control at employee checkpoints
- Monitor and secure exit lanes from sterile area to public area of airport
- Monitoring and controlling curbside traffic, including pedestrian management
- Interior terminal, parking lot and/or perimeter airfield patrols
- Provide escorts and security for construction of runways, taxiways and terminals/concourses
- Issuing temporary badges to visitors
- Monitor airfield permits
- CCTV and alarm systems monitoring and response
- Respond to incidents and emergencies
- Security presence and controlling access for Federal Inspection Stations
- Escort international passengers to Customs & Border Patrol
- Provide passenger assistance
- Prepare Incident/Occurrence Reports for any incident or event that directly involves customer complaints/concerns, safety/security or operational issues/events;
- Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
- Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately.
- Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
- Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their airports.
- Be aware of and familiar with the airport-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have at least two (2) years verifiable previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record necessary for some positions
- Must be able to pass a Security Threat Assessment as administered by the Transportation Security Administration;
- Must be able to pass a Criminal History Record Check as required by the Transportation Security Administration
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Aviation Security Officers
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance to ensure avoidance of unpredictable, frequent and/or ongoing tardiness.
- Ability to providing quality customer service.
- Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position thus must be physically capable of standing or walking an entire shift, able to lift a 25lb fire extinguisher, capable of lifting a child or assist the lifting of handicapped individuals.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Security Mindset – take pride in keeping the skies safe and the flights secure
- Trust – keeping promises and speaking the truth.
- Customer Focused – the willingness to listen and the duty to act – promptly and appropriately.
- Team Spirit – integrity, experience, collaboration and open communication.
- Innovation – creativity, seeking new ideas, continuous improvement though anticipating change and adapting to it.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Airport Security Guard (Minneapolis−Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), Minnesota, USA) ]