Remote (Lexington, KY, USA)
L.B. Foster Company
Who We Are…
L.B. Foster and our subsidiaries provide products and services for the rail industry, and solutions to support critical infrastructure projects. Our innovative engineering and product development solutions inspire the safety, reliability, and performance of our customer’s challenging requirements. The Company maintains locations in North America, Europe, and Asia.
We have a long history of providing a safe workplace for our employees, striving to be good stewards of the environment, and establishing strong and respectful relationships with our customers and communities. These values have stood the test of time and have contributed to the rich history of our company for more than a century.
Who You Are…
As a CDL Driver, Field Service at L.B. Foster, you are responsible for operating a hi-rail truck and providing field service support for L.B. Foster’s Friction Management customers.
Is an integral part of L.B. Foster’s Field Service team.
Some examples of the work you might do includes…
- Operating a hi-rail truck on railroad tracks.
- Inspect LB Foster Friction Management Equipment.
- Monitor LB Foster lubricators and fill with top of rail product and grease as needed
- Operate a crane to load and unload product or equipment.
- Provide maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs and customer training for all LB Foster Friction Management products.
- Liaison with customers and internal departments for product development and relationship building initiatives.
- Responsible for managing personal travel expense account, individual or company supplied tools, company issued credit card when applicable.
- Ensure all equipment is in top operating condition.
- Keep an updated daily driver’s electronic log book and certify daily.
- Ensure that daily truck inspection is up to date.
- Sometimes required to act as a watchman to detect the approach of trains and communicating a warning thereof to other personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
What Do You Need…
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, electrical, and schematics reading experience preferred.
- Ability to obtain E-Railsafe and Roadway Worker Protection (RPT) certification for applicable client railways, plus other customer-based training as required to access work sites.
- Current Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake endorsement required as a minimum.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) as well as Apple iPads and iPhones preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, walk, use hands and finger to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, for prolonged periods of time.
- Will be required to operate impact equipment, power tools, hand tools under heavy loads, and manual earth moving tools as required for trenching of ditches to bury hoses and electrical cables.
- The employee may occasionally be required to lift and /or move up to 100lbs and be subjected to occasional moderate to intense physical exertion while performing required duties on uneven and rocky surfaces.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of roads.
- Ability to work outdoors on railroad tracks in a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary as workload dictates. This may include holidays, weekends or weekdays.
- Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
- Customer focus
- Integrity & trust
- Continuous improvement
- Accountability/work ethic
- Attention to detail/time management
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.
Sound Interesting? Do You Want To Apply?
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [CDL Driver (Remote (Lexington, KY, USA)) ]