Fort Belvoir, Virginia
AirQuest Environmental, Inc.
AirQuest is seeking a Certified Industrial Hygienist candidate to serve as our Industrial Hygiene Program Manager (IHPM) for an upcoming contract with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) expected to begin in April 2022. The candidate will work out of Ft. Belvoir, Virginia.
- Serve as point of contact for DLA regarding any issues that arise in managing the overall performance of this contract, including data integration and reporting, and will serve as daily point of contact for DLA.
- Coordination and resolution of issues with services scheduling.
- Ensuring reports are provided as required (e.g., annual performance report, consolidated program execution) and that DLA staff can access real-time reports and analytics online, as needed.
- Ensuring auditability standards for DLA program data are met.
- Coordination of base/installation access for IH surveys personnel through the respective MSC and DLA HQ Safety Office.
- Providing DLA with metrics, trending analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Maintaining contractor plans and provisions for meeting potential public health contingency needs.
- Perform a full range of occupational and environmental health engineering duties, including:
- Conduct industrial hygiene breathing zone and general area time weighted average (TWA) or short-term exposure limit (STEL) air sampling.
- Conduct ventilation surveys.
- Conduct noise dosimetry.
- Conduct indoor air quality (IAQ) evaluations.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations.
- Conduct indoor firing range evaluations.
- Perform industrial hygiene annual and periodic follow-ups to meet regulatory and/or client requirements
- Conduct health hazard evaluation of work areas while hazardous materials are being managed or during planned abatement activities
- Conduct detailed risk assessments, with special emphasis on occupational health-risk assessments of occupational exposures.
- Input data as required into Defense Occupational and Environmental Health Readiness System (DOEHRS) MIS.
- Perform and manage various tasks, including performing material surveys and maintaining databases (including DOEHRS) for industrial hygiene and environmental health surveillance.
- Analyze the results of sampling and measurement and recommending corrective action or mitigation to reduce health risk to the building occupants or workers performing tasks where hazardous materials are encountered.
- Assess the use of respiratory protection, conduct fit-testing and training for tight-fitting and loose-fitting respiratory protection.
- Train industrial personnel on workplace hazards.
- Develop and implement industrial hygiene/environmental health and safety programs and procedures in assigned area of specialization such as respiratory protection, occupational noise, indoor air quality, asbestos, lead, and local exhaust ventilation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering that included courses in any combination of chemistry, physics, engineering, environmental science, biology, or industrial hygiene or a related field from an ABET-accredited institution.
- 10-years of relevant work experience in the industrial hygiene, safety profession, or one of its specialties.
- 5-years of experience managing multi-location IH programs.
- Must be able to read, understand, speak, and write English proficiently to effectively communicate with all clients, management, staff, and administrative personnel.
- Ability to analyze the data acquired, predict probable effects of exposures on the health and well-being of workers, and select and recommend appropriate controls, including management procedures, medical issues and evaluations, engineering controls, education or training needs, and personal protective equipment that may be required or recommended.
- Must be able to use standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
- Must have excellent communications and customer service skills and use of occupational and environmental health and safety terminology.
- Willingness to travel to client locations domestically and internationally, on an as-needed basis.
- Must be a Certified Industrial Hygienist accredited with the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Must have a SECRET Clearance valid at time of hire
- Familiarity with Bioenvironmental Engineer concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic experience with DOEHRS
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree that is ABET-accredited in a job-relevant program of study (e.g., industrial hygiene, occupational health, or environmental health)
- Five or more years of experience in or with the U.S. Air Force Bioenvironmental Engineering career field or a closely related Department of Defense (DOD) program or civilian equivalent is desired
- Successful, demonstrated project and program management experience
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Knowledge of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI and ACGIH standards
- Knowledge of asbestos, lead/lead-based paint, and fungal management programs
- Knowledge of ventilation systems
- Experience conducting exposure assessments
- Experience recognizing hazards
- Experience addressing environmental health and safety concerns
- Experience preparing technical reports
- Ability to perform environmental and industrial hygiene surveys, including sampling and monitoring
- Ability to operate various industrial hygiene monitoring equipment
- Ability to diplomatically explain and interpret environmental health and safety principles.
- Ability to work with people of all ages and diverse constituencies.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable environmental health and safety regulations
- Thorough knowledge and demonstration of industrial hygiene principles and practices
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office applications
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects and the technicians that may be involved in projects
- Strong training and interpersonal skills
- Exhibits positivity, integrity, and responsibility
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Ability to work long hours when necessary
- Frequent out of town travel
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as, hard hats, hearing protection, safety glasses, respirators, protective footwear, and other safety devices such as fall protection harnesses and others as necessary
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, carry and climb ladders and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Certified Industrial Hygienist (Fort Belvoir, Virginia) ]