138 Woodmont Road, Milford, CT, USA
Connecticut Stone Supplies, a leader in the stone supply industry for 70 years, are currently seeking a full time Class B Mechanic, with experience in Forklifts and Heavy Trucks, to join our Maintenance Team in Milford, CT.
The Mechanic is responsible for performing assigned duties to support the Maintenance Manager.
Core hours of work are Monday to Friday, 6:30 am to 3:30 pm however the successful candidate must be flexible to work later as business needs require. This includes Saturday mornings.
- Conducts routine inspections and preventive maintenance requirements on trucks, manufacturing machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctions promptly and completes repairs on mechanical, electrical, or other various systems on a vehicle. Utilizes diagnostic aids, inspections and interpretation of equipment reports, with assistance where required.
- Identifies equipment requiring lock out/tag out and enforce in accordance with company policy.
- Applies knowledge and ability to complete necessary repairs to all phases of manufacturing equipment.
- Maintains complete documentation for each manufacturing machine regarding repairs, upgrades, and other relevant data.
- Uses proper tools and equipment safely to complete repairs and maintains tools and repairs equipment in optimum working condition.
- Ensures work areas are clean and tidy during and after maintenance work.
- Wears necessary safety equipment each day to include hard hats, safety glasses, steel toe work boots, safety harnesses, and any other safety equipment needed for the assigned job.
- Performs duties as assigned.
Skills / experience:
- 5 years practical mechanic experience preferred.
- Class B experience preferred. Specifically Fork Lifts and Heavy Trucks.
- Knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and other systems and their components.
- Knowledge of trouble shooting and diagnostic tools.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Good communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work in a variety of working environments including wet, humid and noisy.
- Able to lift and/or move 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to use a computer and experience with Google Docs and Sheets and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Owns basic hand tools.
Connecticut Stone offers excellent career opportunities at all skill levels. One of the keys to our success is a corporate culture that values its employees while offering the highest level of service to our clients. From our dynamic sales team to our helpful yard personnel, our clients benefit from the value we place on our employees.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Class B Mechanic (138 Woodmont Road, Milford, CT, USA) ]