Fairbanks, AK, USA
Ampersand / AlasConnect
Ampersand provides full scale technology sustainment, strategic planning and professional services to our clients, allowing them to achieve their greatest ambitions.
Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer
Position Duties & Requirements
- Research, design, development & implementation of cloud technologies and systems supporting client service delivery and projects.
- Project management, resource coordination
- Maintenenace, operation and sustainment of cloud and on-premise technology infrastructure
- Client consulting and support
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Serve as trusted technical expert, coach and mentor to junior team members
Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of technology systems and application design
- Advanced knowledge of systems principles, architecture, design, analysis and troubleshooting
- Advanced skills in operating server infrastructure (including automation) in Windows and Linux virtualized environments
- Advanced skills in network design and operation (including L2 switched LAN, wireless and IP routing)
- Experience with on-premise virtualization platforms including VMware vSphere
- Experience with hyperscale public cloud infrastructure
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with a group
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and meet continually changing needs and deadlines
- 10 years professional experience
- 4-year degree in computer science, software engineering ore a related field (substitue for additional years of experience)
- Relevant professional certifications preferred
Hiring decisions are contingent upon successful completion of background check and drug screening.
It is the policy of AlasConnect not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination. This company further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.
AlasConnect will attempt to make reasonable accommodations during the application and/or hiring process for qualified job applicants with known disabilities unless doing so would result in undue hardship for the company.
We will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by AlasConnect, or (c) consistent with a contractor’s legal duty to furnish information
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer (Fairbanks, AK, USA) ]