10101 West 87th Street, Overland Park, KS, USA
Full Service Chimney
Are you looking for a stable career with growth potential? If you’re a natural leader, and willing to get your hands dirty , we are hiring a Construction Manager in training to lead their own repair team. You’ll drive a company truck with all tools and gear provided.
Starting Salary: $60,000 – $85,000 per year (depends on experience)
*After training, candidates who excel in this role have the potential to earn $130,000+ per year.
Every job is a new challenge, so you must be adaptable and comfortable with change. Some assignments involve simple installations, maintenance, and quick repairs. Other sites are complete structural renovations or remodel projects that require knowledge of multiple trade skills (e.g., carpentry, masonry, HVAC, concrete, welding, gas plumbing, etc.) This position requires physical fitness, endurance, and working at heights.
100% PAID Training to Advance your Professional Trade Skills
You’ll start with paid on-the-job training and earn a certification to learn the complex nuances of this specialized trade. You’ll coordinate a crew of service technicians and supervise an extensive range of repair projects. The goal is to facilitate the smooth completion of construction projects to achieve the best results. You and your team serve a critical purpose, to help our customers and their families maintain safe, operating fireplaces and gas utility venting systems in their homes.
A Construction Manager takes responsibility for the outcome of finished projects. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind with excellent communication and organizational skills. You will ensure that every job site has an adequate flow of materials and equipment to support construction projects’ timely and cost-effective completion. You must be committed to safety, familiar with business and construction procedures, and provide an outstanding experience to our customers.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Coordinate and direct team of workers and field service technicians
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Keep accurate records
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Resolve problems when they arise
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, building science or relevant field.
- or vocational certification in a skilled trade (e.g., electrician, carpenter, mason, etc.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Aptitude in math (e.g.,Take measurements, calculate square footage, and calculate the size and amount of material needed)
- Competent using standard hand or electric power tools and other equipment (e.g. pneumatic drill, saws, ladder, etc.)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to plan, problem solve, resolve conflict, and see the overall “big picture”
- Be teachable and able to provide skills training to new crew members
- Ability to work weekdays, plus a willingness to work overtime
- Be a team player with dedication to leadership, safety, and customer service
- General sales experience or residential construction-business related experience (preferred, not
- Comfortable climbing ladders and roofs.
- Able to work at heights for long hours and lift up to 60-80lbs
- Familiar with laying courses of brick and block, mixing mortar and cement, and knowledgeable of safety practices for both masonry equipment and scaffolding (preferred, not required)
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Proficient in English (e.g., written and verbal)
- Valid driver’s license
- Medical Insurance (Health/Dental/Vision)
- 401K Retirement plan (3% Matching)
- 9-Paid Holidays
- 2-Weeks PTO in the first year
- Reimbursement for personal vehicle mileage (if used for business purposes)
- Relocation Assistance (*for qualified applicants)
- Tuition Assistance (*for qualified applicants)
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Free Snacks and Beverages (all day-everyday)
- Daily Hot-Lunch options
- On-Site Gym
- $1200 Sign-On Bonus (*$200 on your first paycheck; the remainder paid after your first completed 90 days! Conditions apply; must request details during interview or in writing before hire.)
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- 4-day vacation for Thanksgiving
- 5-day vacation for Christmas
Upon Hire All Repair Technicians are provided:
- Company work truck (for use during business hours)
- Tools and Work Clothing
- 100% Paid Training starts on your first day
- Full-benefits start after completion of 90-days
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Construction Manager Trainee (10101 West 87th Street, Overland Park, KS, USA) ]