Grand Rapids, Holland, Saugatuck, Muskegon
join the RedWater family! RedWater has 10 restaurants, as well as 9 event venues, 8 golf courses, and 5 country club pools with cafés and bar. Our restaurants include:
- Boatwerks (Holland)
- The Butler (Saugatuck)
- Cork Wine & Grille (Cascade)
- FireRock Grille (Caledonia)
- Gravity Taphouse (Grand Rapids)
- Lake Bluff Grille (Muskegon)
- RedRock Grille (N. Holland)
- Reds at Thousand Oaks (N. Grand Rapids)
- Rush Creek Bistro (Grandville)
- Vintage Prime & Seafood (Cascade)
We are currently looking for a Line Cook / Prep Cook to join our team at Rush Creek Bistro. Our Line Cook / Prep Cook is responsible for plating dishes and completing basic food prepping tasks for the restaurant. The main duties include preparing and cooking food in a specific station, cleaning up prep areas, and making sure the kitchen is stocked. Characteristics of this position include being a team player, having excellent attention to detail, having the ability to maintain a positive attitude, all while maintaining the highest level of professionalism to achieve the high standards of service and quality that RedWater is known for.
- Prepare ingredients then cook and assemble dishes as indicated by recipes.
- Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner by restocking ingredients at work station and meeting prep times to ensure smooth delivery.
- Set up and clean station according to restaurant protocol.
- Maintain a clean work station area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves.
- Comply with applicable sanitary, health, and personal hygiene standards.
- Ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Line Supervisor, Sous Chef, or Executive Chef.
- Previous experience of 1-3 years preferred.
- Night, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- May at times have to lift 50+ pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk carrying items.
Besides providing a positive team-oriented workplace and great growth opportunity within our organization, RedWater offers amazing benefits:
- Competitive compensation.
- 401K with partial match for full-time employees after 1 year.
- Healthcare benefits for full-time employees.
- Discounts at all RedWater Restaurants.
- Snap Fitness discounts at select locations.
- Discounted golf at RedWater Golf Clubs.
- $250 employee referral bonus.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Cook / Prep / Line Cook / Kitchen work (Grand Rapids, Holland, Saugatuck, Muskegon) ]