Portland, OR, USA
We are The Selling App. The fast and easy way to sell or buy almost anything, from fashion to toys, sporting goods to electronics, jewelry to shoes. Launched in 2013, Mercari quickly became the #1 shopping app in Japan. Now we’re on a global mission to build a future where people everywhere feel empowered to sell the things they don’t use, a future where all useful things are used. And with a fast-growing user base in the U.S. of over 35 million downloads, we are on our way to doing just that.
The Customer Experience:
Tier 1 Agent is Mercari’s first line of defense in responding to customer inquiries. We’re looking for ambitious, self-driven, customer service all-stars to join our Portland team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a customer service role as a quick problem solver, and isn’t afraid to GO BOLD on a daily basis. We are seeking superstars who can see the grey between the black and white of policy and customer experience and find a solution that works with both.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing friendly, personable, and timely support to our customers via CRM tool, Chat, and Phone based services.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and escalate policy, product and technical issues when appropriate.
- Assist in customer orders and account issues including but not limited to cancellations, returns, and shipping issues.
- Maintaining a positive attitude in a team oriented environment where we are ALL FOR ONE!
What You’ll Need:
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years related Customer Service experience in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum typing speed 45 wpm.
- Experience in a contact center including Email, Text, Chat, Phone, Social Media.
- Excellent customer service skills while maintaining high quality standards.
- Advanced knowledge of ZenDesk.
- Advanced Google chrome suite skills.
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience buying or selling on Mercari is a must!
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and innovative thinking is the priority.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Trimet pass
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Team outings and center events