Customer Service Representative
We are actively recruiting for multiple Customer Service Representative opportunities.
These positions are available to Virginia residents as Richmond or Lynchburg, Virginia in-office applicants or remote applicants residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
Do you want a career where you can make an impact every day? As a member of the Long Term Care team at Genworth, you will impact the millions of customers that trust us with their insurance. In the role of Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for answering inbound calls from policyholders and their representatives that have questions regarding an existing Long Term Care policy.
You will be the voice of Genworth, responsible for delivering excellent customer service, operating in a culture centered around teamwork and collaboration. You will be in a front line, customer interactive position, providing timely and accurate information directly to customers and processing transactions to meet the customers’ needs. You will be expected to meet or exceed individual and team phone service metrics, to engage with the business in personal and professional development, and to collaborate effectively with peers in a team atmosphere. You’ll use the training you receive to help both our customers and their families navigate their decision to combat the financial challenges of aging.
What You Will Be Doing
- Service customer inquiries via incoming phone calls and written correspondence. At times, may be responsible for initiating outbound calls
- Process transactions to meet customer needs including address changes, stop payments, and related correspondence
- Initiate daily contact with internal and external customers, working to simplify and educated customers on product features and related processes
- Diffuse escalated situations through analyzing, partnering, and resolving complex customer issues
- Review, analyze and process written requests and documentation
- Update and ensure integrity of customer accounts the call follow-up, documentation, and work item management
Must Have/What You Bring
- You will spend the first several weeks of employment in virtual “classroom” training before beginning to phase into your job responsibilities. You will need to be on camera and actively participate in this training and must successfully complete all training requirements.
- High school diploma or military experience
- At least one year of customer service experience, preferably in a call-center environment, and/or the completion of the National Retail Federation’s Certification in Customer Service & Sales
- Ability to work scheduled hours between 8:30 AM-6:00 PM EST. Schedule may adjust slightly in the future based on business needs.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams)
- Professional and empathetic demeanor in all interactions, particularly with respect to treating and caring for customers with strong emphasis on the elderly population
- Ability to handle various tasks and assignments with multiple deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, conflict resolution and collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate benefits and options of various insurance products and diffuse difficult situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to accommodate increased seasonal volume, adjustments to work schedules to meet our customers’ needs, and changes to processes to meet our business needs
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous Experience in the insurance industry
- Previous experience with HIPAA requirements
What We Offer
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- Generous Choice Time Off your first full year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401K Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 holding company focused on empowering families to navigate the aging journey with confidence, now and in the future. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth provides guidance, products, and services that help people understand their caregiving options and fund their long-term care needs. Genworth is also the parent company of publicly traded Enact Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACT), a leading U.S. mortgage insurance provider. For more information on Genworth, please visit https://www.genworth.com/. From time to time Enact separately releases financial and other information about its operations. This information can be found at https://ir.enactmi.com/.
The mission of Genworth’s US Life business is to efficiently keep our promises to our customers and their families and to lead the industry forward to solve the nation’s long term care crisis.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Customer Service Representative (Remote) ]