1717 East Lawson Street, Durham, NC, USA
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help qualified individuals with disabilities perform the essential duties. For more information, contact Human Resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Work with customer service staff to coordinate activities to meet customer requirements and quality goals.
- Act as customer service liaison: handle internal and external customer needs and requests.
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding status of orders, product selection, placement of orders for standard products or services, complaints (including returns), shortages and adjustments, expediting, order acknowledgements and requests for information.
- Analyze computerized data and generate reports as needed by production staff and management.
- Enter customer orders into system to accomplish effective distribution of income to appropriate department to ensure proper movement of inventory and accurate shipping instructions.
- Generate and provide documentation to customers to facilitate delivery and payment for products.
- Communicate with production staff regarding new/additional production needs.
- Develop and utilize in-depth understanding of the various aspects of quality/production, including how it relates to our manufacturing software system. Report results as required.
- Assist department in streamlining production information and creating an integrated quality system.
- May act as an Internal Auditor and/or Document and Data Control Coordinator for ISO-registered quality management system.
- Resolve accounts payable issues on freight bills pertaining to shipment/receipt of customer-owned product.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with DECI staff, clients and outside business contacts. Maintain good public relations with customers and professional contacts.
- Follow applicable quality procedures and work instructions.
- Use database and/or spreadsheet programs to assemble data and reports in efficient manner.
- Provide backup support in department as needed.
- Assist with audits in DECI’s internal audit process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred or five years minimum related experience in customer service in an industrial setting, inventory control or purchasing
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively with people of all levels
- Excellent analysis/inventory tracking skills and the ability to use available computer programs for tasks related to production and materials management
- Detailed-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to maintain easy accessibility to records & information
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and work independently yet flexible in working with project group
- Reliable transportation
- Physical capacity sufficient to lift 35 pounds