1325 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL, USA
OPTO International, Inc.
About O PTO
OPTO is a fast-paced, constantly-growing retail store fixture manufacturing company selling to the retail industry. We believe in relentlessly communicating, both internally and to our customers, in an effort to constantly improve ourselves. We are obsessively focused on helping our clients be successful, which in turn makes us successful.
OPTO employs joined-up, responsive and adaptive people who work hard as a tight team. We have first-class marketing and a design-led customer sales interface focused on fully understanding and guiding each customer to be successful through the purchase of our product. The product itself is high-quality, customizable, durable, and built from inventory-based components. This gives us industry-leading speed and reliability in execution, which in turn gives our customers the confidence to make us business partners for years to come.
The Design Engineer will work within OPTO’s component driven modular based store fixture system to expand and develop cost effective design solutions for standard and custom applications. Will work closely with members of the sales team to create unique design solutions for the client. The design then needs to be detailed and adapted to suit OPTO’s comprehensive in-house and sourced manufacturing processes. The Design Engineer will provide detailed CAD data to allow the manufacturing group to produce the items within their capabilities and the customer’s timeline and costs. The Design Engineer will also be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement.
- Produce fixture design & drawings as required for internal & customer review
- Incorporate engineered, efficient, best practice methods in the design/detail of drawings
- Manage your custom projects to assure on-time completion
- Find, source, develop information and details for efficient production resulting in excellent quality for product development
- Create assembly & installation drawings for production and client
- Interact regularly with production/manufacturing to assure design/production flow
- Create Bills of Materials for all manufactured wood/metal product
- Maintain/update all revisions to B.O.M.s
- Prioritize cost savings throughout all processes, offering value engineered solutions
- Intimately involved in the assembly of prototypes
- Follow any other instructions and perform any other duties as requested by manager
Required Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in design or engineering field of study
- 5+ years experience as an Engineer in a wood or metal manufacturing environment, store fixture industry preferred
- Knowledge of multi-materials including wood, metal, plastics, glass, etc.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing techniques in the wood and/or metal industries:
- Cabinetry, wood materials and joining techniques, laminating processes, and cabinet hardware
- Sheet metal, metal fabrication, metal and aluminum machining, aluminum die casting and extruding a plus
- Proficiency working with 3D solid modeling is required, preferably Autodesk Inventor
- Exposure to other Autodesk software including AutoCAD and Vault or equivalent
- Working understanding of ERP software
- Ability to express oneself professionally utilizing both verbal and written communications
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively
- Ability to produce under pressure of timelines and customer demands
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to work on multiple small projects simultaneously ensuring all key dates are met while maintaining the highest level of quality
Required Personal Skills
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments;
- Confidently interact with customers, peers, and cross functional teams
- Ability to work successfully in a strong team environment
- Excellent communicator
- Superior organizational skills
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate on Education and Experience
OPTO International is an equal opportunity employer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Design Engineer (1325 North Mittel Boulevard, Wood Dale, IL, USA) ]