Hanover, MD, USA
The Diesel Maintenance Tech (A) is responsible for repairing and maintaining all medium to heavy duty customer vehicles and equipment (class 8 semis, forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.) which includes routinely performing preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance to ensure efficient vehicle operations. In this role, the Diesel Maintenance Tech (A) will demonstrate leadership qualities that include effective communication and problem solving and present above average knowledge and understanding of diesel maintenance and repair. The Diesel Maintenance Tech (A) will perform job duties independently with little to no supervision & must be equipped with personal tool box. Diesel Maintenance Tech (B) will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring Diesel Maintenance Tech (B & C) employees as needed.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of medium to heavy duty diesel truck engines, possess high level diagnostic /troubleshooting skills, an understanding of how internal combustion gas and diesel engines work, as well as able to identify main components. Must possess computer proficiency, strong communication and problem solving skills and strong training and team facilitation skills.
- Diesel/automotive trade school diploma (+) 5 years previous experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance or 5-7 years verifiable experience in heavy duty trailer maintenance.
- DOT Brake/Annual inspector certified.
- Background in Cummins, Detroit, International and Mack programs and diagnostics.
- Proficient welding and metal fabrication skills.
- Diagnose and repair or replace lights, wiring and GPS tracking system.
- Diagnose and repair ABS and air brake systems.
- Must complete all required paperwork, adhere to and maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Ability to maintain parts inventory process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic truck driving skills.
- Class A/B CDL or ability to obtain within 3-6 months of hire.
- Provide road call inspection service and repair as needed
- Operate with minimal supervision.
- Professional/appropriate interaction with internal & external customers
- Adhere to all Red Classic safety guidelines
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Clean driving record
- Must have valid driver’s license
- No more than two moving violations (e.g. speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop, violating a traffic signal, etc.) during the previous three years
- No more than one accident in the previous three years
- No escalated moving violations in the last 7 years
- Competitive pay based on years of experience
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Paid Weekly/ Direct Deposit
- 401K Company Match
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Annual Safety Bonus Opportunity
- Outstanding Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits/Short Term Disability
Red Classic is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Diesel Maintenance Tech – 2nd Shift Monday – Friday (Hanover, MD, USA) ]