15101 Century Drive Suite #503 Dearborn, MI 48120
Superior Environmental Solutions
Superior Environmental Solutions (SES), is looking for dedicated Diesel Mechanic to join our dynamic team at our Dearborn, MI operation. As the Diesel Mechanic under minimum supervision you are responsible for performing inspection, maintenance and repairs on heavy duty vehicles, such as vacuum trucks, semi-trucks, trailers, field service vehicles, water blasters, and other related equipment. You are also responsible for completing the required service records to properly track maintenance work on vehicles and equipment.
- SES offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits packaging including:
- Weekly Pay
- Competitive Hourly age
- Ongoing Opportunities for Growth, Development, and Career Advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus
- CDL Driver Sponsored Training
What you will be doing
Key responsibilities and functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Determine vehicle and equipment condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance; installing component and part upgrades.
- Correct vehicle and equipment deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling and replacing major assemblies or components. Such as, power and drive trains, electrical, fuel, emission, brake, steering and hydraulic systems.
- Verify equipment performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements.
- Maintain vehicle records by documenting services and repairs.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of approved supplies, place orders; verifying receipt.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Document and report any accidents/injuries immediately to company safety officials.
- Identify and report any additional maintenance deficiencies found while conducting assigned repairs and maintenance.
- Record time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate forms.
- Report any unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or equipment abuse.
- Perform road calls and on-site repairs as assigned.
What we are looking for
- At least 2 years of diesel mechanic hands-on repair and maintenance experience in trucking and or industrial equipment.
- Must have their own set of basic hand tools.
- Class “A” or “B” CDL License preferred but not required.
- Comply with all rules, regulations, and safety polices as set forth by the company and the customers serviced.
- Ensure equipment and company property is maintained in proper condition.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, random, and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Essential Skills:
- Heavy diesel and various engine repairs
- Fuel and emission systems repairs
- Electrical and electronic troubleshooting and repair
- Alignment, steering and suspension adjustment and repairs
- Brake and chassis system troubleshooting and repair
- Transmission and driveline diagnosing and repair
- Diagnosing faults and malfunctions.
- Perform preventative maintenance and DOT inspections
- Hydraulic systems diagnostic and repair
- Various high-pressure pump troubleshooting and repair
- Welding / fabrication a plus
- Include productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a commitment to excellence.
Superior Environmental Solutions (SES) is a 24-hour industrial cleaning company that provides a variety of plant maintenance and cleaning services to production facilities throughout the Midwest. Founded in 1999, the company now operates 13 locations across Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. SES takes great pride in our industry leading safety rating and integrated programs. Our services include industrial cleaning, water blasting, tank cleaning, emergency response, vacuum truck/tanker services, waste management, transportation, and hazardous waste disposal. SES is committed to providing responsive and quality service to manufacturers in an array of industries.
We know that our employees are crucial to the success and strength of our organization, and our in-house and on-going training programs ensure that all SES employees are well educated in OSHA regulations and SES specific operational policies. SES employees are focused on safety and dedicated to exceeding our customer’s expectations in every way.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Diesel Mechanic – Dearborn, MI (15101 Century Drive Suite #503 Dearborn, MI 48120) ]