Los Angeles, CA, USA
Amerit Fleet Solutions
Why choose Amerit Fleet Solutions?
You’ll be able to build a successful career, find nationwide opportunities, competitive wages, growth opportunities, and receive benefits. You will be supported with continuous training, ASE certification reimbursement, performance awards and recognition.
Our competitive benefits offer you choices in low cost medical, dental and vision care; 401K savings plans; flex spending accounts; tuition reimbursement; and a whole lot more.
The Diesel Technician position requires high level of proficiency and working knowledge related to heavy duty Diesel Engine Diagnosis, repairs, as well as for Forklift and Pallet Jack repairs.
Comprehension of Fleet Maintenance operations, understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM and DOT inspection experience and knowledge.
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to medium to heavy duty vehicles
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email or phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- At least 5 years’ experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- ASE Certifications preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License class “A” or “B” required and will allow time to obtain
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand-held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Ability to read schematics and familiar with process
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)