Bakersfield, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company’s Global Sourcing team’s mission is to research, identify, negotiate, and bring the most cost efficient and capable suppliers into our supply chain. We are an entrepreneurial driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals onto our teams. We’re looking for those who can easily navigate ambiguity, collaborate with multiple departments, and establish strong relationships with stakeholders to drive results. The role of Director of Global Sourcing will work with multiple companies in the Wonderful portfolio to support sourcing products and services. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for broad exposure in sourcing and purchasing within a growing multi-billion-dollar business. This position will report to Vice President of Global Sourcing and Logistics and is based in Bakersfield, CA.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support the business units as the strategic sourcing function across spend categories.
- Provide strategic sourcing leadership to deliver on company initiatives related to cost reduction, cost avoidance, supplier rationalization and standardizing purchasing practices.
- Train and develop purchasing teams across business units
- Perform complex value analysis and financial evaluations of bid proposals, including evaluating potential supplier’s relative financial strength and capabilities to deliver results over term of contract.
- Lead negotiations on commodity/service purchase agreements on a national and international platform.
- Build relationships with key company stakeholders and internal functional managers to achieve consensus on goals and objectives.
- 10% travel required
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting, or related field.
- Manufacturing leadership experience
- 7 — 10 years of experience in the sourcing and product development of a broad range of commodities and services on a global basis.
- Detailed background in Maintenance, Repair, and Operations purchasing is a plus
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software.
- Proven influencing skills. Must be proactive, exhibit continuous improvement mindset, and an ability to affect change and build consensus.
- Extensive knowledge of global sourcing trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated Lean Six Sigma know-how
- Strong project management experience
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills (both quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong command of Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness — for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world – We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally – We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious — and best-tasting — foods are those from nature.
- We play to win – Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently – With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.