13111 Meyer Rd, Whittier, CA 90605
The Dispatcher/Driver role supports the Companywide Live Dispatch Operation, lending clerical support as well to numerous departmental daily tasks and duties. Dispatchers/Drivers are responsible for pre-inspection check on all vehicles driving; making sure all wheelchairs or any other devices are tied down properly; drive clients to and from destinations in a safe manner; must be able to communicate with clients, dispatchers, and supervisors regarding concerns and/or issues.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to all designated transport requests utilizing company
- Participate in the completion of all evening dispatch
- Coordinate with other Secure Transportation Offices to ensure timely service delivery for Out-Of-State
- Ensure all incoming phone calls are answered in a timely
- Completes assigned clerical and administrative tasks as
- Ensure that drivers have all the necessary information for their next-day
- Assess the next day’s resources and forecast potential problems. Re-arrange the schedule and drivers as needed to ensure proper
- Report all issues promptly, with possible solutions to
- Above all, stay active, proactive and involved. Monitor dispatch & prevent
- Responsible for pre-inspection check on all vehicles driving; making sure all wheelchairs or any other devices are tied down properly; drive clients to and from destinations in a safe manner; must be able to communicate with clients, dispatchers, and supervisors regarding concerns and/or issues.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Class B License Required
Knowledge and Experience
- Computer literate, knowledge of Macintosh a plus. Previous experience in Non-Emergency Medical Transportation preferred.
- Experienced driving corporate clients and paratransit vehicles are a plus. Must have a driver’s license for at least five (5) years. No more than one (1) moving violation or one (1) at fault accident in the last three (3) years. Applicants must be familiar with using cellular phones, and navigating around areas using a GPS.
- Successful candidates will display the following:
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational ability, problem analysis, problem solving, adaptability, attention to detail and the initiative and drive for team success on each and every shift.
- Ability to make quick sound decisions in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
Superior customer service skills and the ability to communicate professionally and efficiently with clients and drivers.
This position requires working overnight hours, often with minimal direct supervision. Overtime required when needed.
Must pass a pre–employment drug/alcohol screen test. Candidates must also have a minimum 1 year clearance for DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate. (Applicable to Dual Roles Only)
Full benefit package after 90 days include medical, dental, paid vacations, sick pay and Holidays.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Dispatcher (13111 Meyer Rd, Whittier, CA 90605) ]