22101 West 167th Street, Olathe, KS, USA
Bushnell has been the industry leader in high-performance sports optics for more than 65 years. Our guiding principle is to provide the highest quality, most reliable and affordable sports optics products on the market. Our commitment to outstanding customer service and strong retailer partnerships is unmatched.
The 2nd Shift Distribution Supervisor manages orders throughout the Distribution Center including picking, packing and shipping. This position directs a team of Distribution Center Leads and associates in these efforts.
- Understands the functional aspects and data management tools of BOSS Warehouse Management System necessary to operate at all levels within area of responsibility.
- Liaison between all shifts and departments
- Ensure all work is done to O.S.H.A. safety standards
- Prepares operations schedules and assign employees to specific duties
- Runs multiple departments with adherence to written Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitors inventory control functions including warehouse inventory reporting and resolution of variances/deviations
- Performs audits to ensure the accuracy of inventory records.
- Prepares critical documents related to inventory/order release processes, including training documents.
- Develops, implements and measures departments performance
- Coordinates “continuous improvement” initiatives.
- Promotes a team environment.
- Supports & implements safety programs.
- Hold all employees accountable to operate with a strong focus on safety
- Directly supervises Distribution and Inventory staff in accordance with company policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: training associates, planning assigning, and directing work, appraising personnel performance, rewardingdisciplining associates; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Leads by example
Education and Training:
- 4 year college degree required. Significant management experience and Leadership required.
- 5-7 years of management experience in Distribution Center Operations or a related materials management function.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft Office, primarily Excel.
- Experience using BOSS or other Warehouse Management Systems
- Six Sigma Yellow & Green Belt knowledge preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with variety of personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide feedback, coaching and counseling.
- Ability to drive change throughout the facility.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills. Displays leadership and team-building skills, self-confidence, motivation, and decisiveness.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct the department’s efforts.
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative and effective working environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently within deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Goal oriented
- Must be able to lift to 50lbs.
- Must be able to operate fork lifts at heights of thirty feet.
- Will work in warehouse environment that is not cooled.
- Must be able to stand and walk the entire shift.
Benefits/401k begin day one
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Distribution Center Operations Supervisor-2nd Shift-Bushnell (22101 West 167th Street, Olathe, KS, USA) ]