El Cajon, CA, USA
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Train, mentor, and monitor new hires on best practices and safe driving techniques (Lift van operations, wheelchair tie downs, motorized wheelchair and scooter tie downs, etc.)
· Teach new hires how all paperwork is filled out and turned in correctly and on time.
· Instruct trainees on communication process with dispatch and supervisor.
· Instruct trainees on proper mapping techniques.
· Instruct trainees on how to properly read their schedule.
· Instruct trainees in PACE operations and emergency code colors.
· Available to any questions the trainees may have while on the road after one on one training is complete.
· Complete ride along reports of trainees, indicating where improvement can occur.
· An example to all other drivers (paperwork in on time and complete, communicates well with dispatch, shirt tucked in, dress code adhered to, etc.)
Education & Training High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Knowledge and Experience
Experienced driver with company vehicle types, knowledge of PACE and history of Secure contract a plus.
Successful candidates will display the following:
Clear and concise oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational ability, problem analysis, problem solving, adaptability, attention to detail and the initiative and drive for team success on each and every shift.
Ability to make quick sound decisions in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
Leadership qualities and attitude toward their position and how it compliments Secure’s standards of excellence in regard to the PACE contract.
This position requires working often with minimal direct supervision.
Must pass a pre‐employment drug/alcohol screen test, and DOT physical with a minimum 1 year clearance.
Full benefit package after 90 days include medical, dental, paid vacations, sick pay and Holidays.
Secure Transportation is and Affirmative Action/EEO employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Driver Trainer (El Cajon, CA, USA) ]