Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Join our talented team of great people working for the largest brewer in the world, Anheuser-Busch! Our Los Angeles Brewery is seeking an Electrician to join the team.
Our Supply group is responsible for brewing, packaging, and shipping the famous Budweiser beer. They also oversee aluminum can manufacturing, barley fields, hop farms and a rice mill. Life in the brewery is non-stop action with high-speed lines, tight production schedules and unbelievably high-quality standards. This is a place where we measure productivity in seconds, not hours, days or weeks. Paramount in all of this is a commitment to safety above all else and social responsibility. 99.8% of everything that enters our breweries is either completely used in the process or recycled. We also dedicate those big, high-speed lines to help our communities during times of disaster by packaging cans of emergency drinking water. Our customers expect the best and the Supply team provides it.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders and provide maintenance/electrical support.
- Troubleshoot and maintain PLC and variable speed drive controlled high speed production equipment and batch processes.
- Maintain the power distribution of plant equipment.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment, using precision measurement tools.
- Interpret schematics and equipment manuals.
- Adhere to plant safety and 5S requirements; Complete assigned work efficiently and per Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Lead process improvement and initiate change.
- Analyze process data and make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities.
We take a holistic approach to hiring. While the following qualifications provide a benchmark of the skills and experiences that might make a candidate successful, we first and foremost hire people who have the ambition and curiosity to Dream Big, are excited by complex challenges, and have an ownership mentality.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 year industrial electrical/programming experience or two-year technical degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, multi crafted worker that is able to work autonomously in a fast paced and often loud production environment.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required (e.g. lock out / tag out, high voltage electrical).
- Must be able to continuously stand, bend, and twist. Must be able to lift items up to 50 pounds.
- PLC programming required; Multiple platforms such as Allen Bradley PLC5, Control Logix, HMI, Siemens and Servo Drive programming and troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes (e.g. six sigma analysis) and propose and implement remedies.
- Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and re-wire high speed and/or highly automated equipment such as AC/DC motors, VFDs, PLCs, servo motors, and PLC I/O modules.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems experience preferred.
- Experience in computer networking (routers, Ethernet, switches, etc.) preferred.
- Mechanical troubleshooting experience in high speed packaging and/or highly automated continuous process environment preferred.
- Ability to work off shifts (afternoons and midnights) and overtime as necessary. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Must be able to work most weekends, all shifts and most holidays as a weekend electrician candidate
Pay Rate: $36.28/hour. $5,000 signing bonus after successfully passing 6-month probationary period!
1.5x rate on Saturdays and 2.0x rate on Sundays & Holidays
Full-time 2020 Average Total Compensation (base, OT, bonus, vacation, sick, holiday, etc) – $110,634. Full benefits are administered through the Union. Anheuser-Busch offers a 401k package for employees in addition to Union benefits
Founded more than 165 years ago, Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry, with brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois and many more. We are proud of our history and heritage and remain committed to brewing the great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. And we are leading the industry into the future by growing beyond beer to offer new beverages for every person, for every occasion.
Today, we are 18,000 colleagues strong—spread out across the country, united by a deep passion for making great products and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities that we call home.
Our teams work tirelessly, pushing boundaries and embracing new technologies so that we can continue to brew, package, transport, and deliver our more than 100 brands in the most efficient and sustainable ways possible.
Dreaming big is in our DNA and today, we are writing the next chapter in Anheuser-Busch’s great history – one of growth, innovation, responsibility and sustainability. And one that will help us achieve our mission of bringing people together for the next 165 years and beyond. We hope you will consider joining us on this mission!
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Electrician (Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA, USA) ]