Dover, DE, USA
Edgewell Personal Care
Support production through the efficient diagnosis and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, and electronic equipment malfunctions. Provide Engineering assistance for the installation, layout design, fabrication, and debug of system that are based on PLC’s and other industrial controls.. Support maintenance of production equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
1. Handle varying degrees of complex mechanical, electrical, and electronic work assignments efficiently to install and debug new equipment, and make modifications to repair production machinery.
2. Responsible for startup and shut down functions of all department equipment as dictated by production schedule.
3. Provide support to parts department in ensuring that spare parts inventory of necessary electronic components is available and make required shop repairs.
4. Communicate with vendors in updating existing equipment with suitable replacement parts.
5. Communicate process/mechanical abnormalities to Group Leader and Supervisor to facilitate corrections in a timely manner.
6. Maintain production, batch, and quality records as required.
7. Maintain open communication with employees ensuring an environment of positive employee relations.
8. Maintain work area clean and orderly.
9. Responsible for daily turnover communication between shifts with fellow colleagues.
10. Provide support to maintain quality control of materials and quarantine material as required.
11. Perform other duties as directed.
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Be aware of and follow the Environmental Policy and EH&S work instructions/procedures that apply to the job.
· Perform every job safely, for the benefit of self, co-workers, contractors, and for the protection of facilities. This includes the use of required personal protective equipment and use of safety equipment/devices, guarding, as well as safe work practices.
· Immediately report every job related injury or illness, regardless of severity, to a team leader/supervisor.
· Assist in investigating accidents as directed by your supervisor.
· Take necessary actions to correct or stop any unsafe conditions or practices.
· Actively participate in safety meetings and training.
· Review Safety Data Sheet instructions before working with any chemical product.
· Maintain work area in safe condition by ensuring the work area is clean and orderly.
QUALITY ASSURANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Accurately and timely complete all Quality checks and properly document.
· Follow all established Quality procedures and instructions.
· Notify supervision for corrective action if and when defects are found and/or parts/processes do not conform to specifications.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
o High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
o Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Electronic Technician or equivalent education in the field.
· Other Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
o Required to work overtime/alternate schedules as business needs dictate.
o Must have working knowledge of control systems and programming languages used in industrial machinery.
o Able to work from schematics, sketches, written and verbal instructions, and able to efficiently complete assignments in a timely manner under a minimum of supervision.
o Proficient in utilizing electrical (480V & under)/electronic test equipment for the purposes of debugging and repairing solid state equipment control (digital logic) systems.
o Must prove satisfactory on validated standard of STM Mechanic Task Series and Written Electronics Exam.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
· Associate Degree in Electromechanical, Electronics or similar field or 4 year equivalent Industrial and/or military electronics background.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Electronic Technician (Dover, DE, USA) ]