3222 Hill Avenue, Toledo, OH, USA
Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service of Ohio
The basic function of the EMT is to provide medical care and transportation for a patient at the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) level, within their scope of practice, as stipulated by the State of Michigan, Department of Community Health. The job includes obtaining the appropriate patient care information, billing information, and completing any additional forms or duties as stipulated by the Company. This individual must interface with other employees, professionals from our accounts, as well as patients and their families.
The EMT has full responsibility and accountability for the pre-hospital care for the patient, including all necessary medical and billing documentation.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Must demonstrate adequate levels of skill in all areas required of an EMT, including the ability to move patients up and down stairs and in and out of the ambulance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide appropriate patient care as stipulated in their training as an EMT.
- To provide safe transportation, to include accurately discerning street names through map reading, the ability to correctly distinguish house numbers, and addresses of business locations, in the most expedient manner, is essential.
- To appropriately assess a patient and accurately convey the condition to other medical professionals.
- To provide an accurate written report describing a patient’s condition, medical history, and the treatment provided.
- To provide appropriate documentation for billing information.
- To maintain the vehicle in sanitary condition, in addition to monitoring all fluid levels and gauges.
- The EMT is responsible for the provision of safe and appropriate medical care within his/her scope of practice, and the current standard of care.
- The EMT is accountable to the Medical Control Authority for the EMS system in which Superior Ambulance Service is operating.
- He/she is accountable to the Station Manager. The EMT is empowered to provide safe and appropriate care and comfort for the patient (our customers) within their scope of practice.
Measurements of Performance:
- Knowledge and ability to teach other EMTs their role and their job description.
- Their ability to perform their essential skills as an EMT
- Their ability to provide the necessary and appropriate documentation of the patient care that is provided.
- Proper documentation of the essential billing information.
- Their ability to communicate and interface with other medical professionals, customers, and their families.
- Their ability to work with co-workers.
- Their ability to physically complete the necessary takes essential to the job of an EMT.
- Overall performance is satisfactory.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Michigan and/or Michigan EMT-B Licensure.
- Must have successfully passed Company’s written and practical exam, and successfully completed the interview process
- PHTLS/BTLS Certification
- National registry
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [EMT-Basic (3222 Hill Avenue, Toledo, OH, USA) ]