Westbury, NY, USA
Under limited supervision, set up and conduct development, qualification and acceptance test of all products generated by Engineering Department. Capable of performing basic computations required in the generation and interpretation of acquired data. Ability to interface with Engineering Staff and Management on a technical level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs all phases qualification or development testing. Including assembly, setup, verification testing, troubleshooting, and teardown
- Analyzes and records test results, including numerical and graphical data, in relation to specifications and test objectives.
- Makes recommendations for changes test method.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies to facilitate test. This includes industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servosystems, machine tools, and measuring instruments
- Technical skills required include but are not limited to:
- Working from Operation Sheets and Engineering drawings
- Make electrical and hydraulic test setups from schematics or verbal instruction (requires tube bending and flaring)
- Can operate Hydraulic Test Stands
- Utilize measuring gages such as calipers and micrometers.
- Utilize electrical equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, megohmmeter and dielectric strength testers.
Other Job Functions:
Occasional support of production, test stand maintenance, or product support group depending on workload
Job Qualification Requirements:
Training and Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in similar role.
- High School graduate or technical degree. Military hydraulic school graduate preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Physical Demands: The employee is required to:
- Stand, walk, push, pull, reach overhead, and bend to the floor.
- Exert up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
- Exert up to 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity: Near acuity and accommodation are required for reading machine dial gauges, drawings, and precision measuring instruments used in the inspection of parts.
Hearing Ability: Ability to monitor machine sounds to identify and diagnose changes in order to take appropriate action.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to:
- High noise levels from operating machines
- Physical hazards from moving equipment and machine parts
- Breathing fumes, dust and mist
- Skin exposure to hydraulic fluids
The employee may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Arkwin is an EEO employer/Disabled/Protected Veteran
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Engineering Technician B (Westbury, NY, USA) ]