9131 10th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108
King Electrical Manufacturing
King Electrical Manufacturing is a premier North American manufacturer. We build smart, reliable, and efficient electric heating solutions with an unparalleled user experience. As a local family-owned company, we’re committed to supporting the community we work and live in and that starts with our employees. We offer competitive wages, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching); and a dedicated, energetic, team-work oriented environment.
As Fabrication Manager, you will manage, direct, plan, and coordinate the daily manufacturing activities of sheet metal fabrication and finishing operations across all shifts to meet production deadlines and quality standards. The Fabrication Manager will uphold and promote Lean manufacturing principles, provide daily reporting on department outputs, and foster a productive team environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive improvements in manufacturing and product flow throughout the production process including sheet metal punching, forming, spot-welding, and paint.
- Coach, direct, and promote a culture of continuous improvement; apply Lean principles to teamwork and processes (waste, flow, level work, etc.).
- Determine equipment availability and capabilities to efficiently schedule, coordinate, and move fabrication orders through the production process.
- Investigate and resolve production quality and machine maintenance issues; seek the root cause.
- Track metrics for production and quality.
- Promote a collaborative team environment, quickly resolve conflicts.
- Train and monitor staff regarding safety issues and OSHA/WISHA compliance.
- Promote talent growth and productivity through coaching and cross-training.
- Create and implement SOPs for each phase of the fabrication process.
- Collaborate with other departments to promote company growth.
- Regular, punctual, and reliable attendance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Professional and polite communication.
- Follow all safety rules, guidelines, and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Experience, & Education:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a team of 10 or more employees, ideally in a fabrication, manufacturing, warehouse, or construction environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience utilizing and implementing Lean principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Basic understanding of metal fabrication techniques, tools, and equipment.
- Experience and passion for motivating people, instilling accountability, and achieving results.
- Readily takes responsibility for individual and department performance.
- Flexible – easily and quickly pivot to meet changing business needs.
- High level of attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to take direction and delegate work to team.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and technical drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to remain focused and organized in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use critical thinking and intermediate mathematics to solve complex problems.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English directions, documents, safety rules, and other work related information.
- Proficiency in sheet metal punching, forming, spot welding, painting, and related machine maintenance.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Hours, Pay, & Benefits:
- This is a full-time opportunity, Monday-Friday. Fabrication runs two full shifts a day (7am-3:30pm & 3:30pm to 12 midnight), manager’s exact hours TBD.
- Pay range starts at $85,000, based on experience.
- Discounted premiums on medical, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare.
- 401(k) matching with immediate vesting.
- 10 days paid time off plus 7 paid holidays.
King Electrical Manufacturing is a drug-free workplace, and we use E-Verify to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires.
King Electrical Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Fabrication Manager (9131 10th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108) ]