Orlando, FL, USA
Enviremedial Services, Inc.
Enviremedial Services, Inc. is a fast-growing contractor seeking experienced, self-motivated, commercial service technicians with a great work ethic and drive to excel in this competitive and fast-paced industry. Leverage your current skills while developing new skills and join an incredible team. Are you tired of being on-call, working weekends, and holidays? Join our team and have a dependable schedule. Overnight travel is required for this position.
Performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, minor electrical, cement masonry, drywall or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing or remodeling government-owned and operated buildings and facilities, to include H.V.A.C. and other mechanical systems. Technician will service US ARMY Reserve sites throughout Florida. Travel is required for this position (estimated travel is two weeks per month).
Example of Duties:
Performs Preventative Maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, structural, and plumbing both inside and outside of buildings. Troubleshoots and diagnoses deficiencies in equipment to provide intelligent recommendations for repair. Prepares reports in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Prepares and paints walls and woodwork or performs other types of refinishing; installs or repairs carpet; performs custodial duties as required.
- Assists as directed in the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, such as plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, automatic temperature control, electrical, operate riding mower or other similar equipment as needed.
- May recommend purchases, cost savings measures, and assists with the development of the budget; may be responsible for inventory control.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, or oral instructions.
- Repairs counters, cabinets, benches, partitions, floors, doors, and trim; uses carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
- Installs glass in windows, doors, and partitions; replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile, and sheet plastic wall coverings.
- May hire, train and supervise temporary employees and volunteers; may schedule the workloads of custodial staff and perform custodial duties when required; may oversee contracted janitorial services.
- May be responsible for maintaining equipment warranties and maintenance agreements for machinery and equipment within the center.
May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards.
Company Sponsored Benefits:
- Enviremedial Services, Inc. is an Employee Owned Company. Often referred to as an ESOP, an ESOP is similar to a Profit Sharing Plan which allows the Sponsor to contribute not only cash but also its own stock for the benefit of participating employees. ESI established the ESOP to enable employees to accumulate a beneficial ownership interest in the stock of ESI, which is not publically traded, and to share in the potential growth and profits of ESI. Please note that the ESOP does not provide voting rights to any shares allocated to the employee.
- Eligibility To become eligible to participate in the ESOP the employee must have attained the age of 21. An eligible employee who has worked at least 1,000 hours in a 12-month period beginning on their date of hire will become a “Participant” in the plan on the first January 1 or July 1 after the end of the 12-month period.
- Vacation – Effective immediately
- 0-3 years of service: 80 Hours – 10 days each year
- 4-5 years of service: 96 Hours – 12 days each year
- 6+ years of service: 120 Hours – 15 days each year
- Sick Pay Max Accrual of 56 hours per year Accrual begins immediately upon hire.
- Per Executive Order (EO) 13706 Employees will accrue (earn) not less than one (1) hour of paid sick leave for every thirty (30) hours worked on or in connection with a covered contract, up to a maximum of fifty-six (56) hours.
- Ten (10) Predetermined Holidays – Effective immediately
- ESI 401(k) Plan- 25% Discretionary Employer Match Effective after 90 days
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long Term Disability Insurance -Effective on the first of the month following 60 days of employment. Enviremedial Services Inc. Pays approximately 90% of Employee only coverage and competitive percentages of dependent coverage.
* Immediately upon hire, a fringe benefit of $4.23 per hour (for all regular time up to 40 hours per week worked on SCA Contracts), will be paid into a 401(k) in your name. Once health insurance selections become effective the fringe benefit amount will change depending upon the level of insurance you select.
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Graduation from High School
- At least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the maintenance field. Experience on large complexes and HVAC knowledge is desired.
- Proficient computer skills in order to complete reports and other required documentation
- Must have a valid State Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass a considerable background check.
- Skill in the operation of a variety of hand tools and equipment common to the building trades and/or H.V.A.C., filtration systems, etc.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions; ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing; ability to work with co-workers and the public.– Must be computer literate and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand; walk; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in a maintenance setting. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Facilities Maintenance Technician (Orlando, FL, USA) ]