1175 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Pikes Peak Library District
PLEASE APPLY VIA PPLD.ORG/JOBS AND CLICK ON APPLICATION TAB
Position Summary: Operates in a diverse environment to help fulfill the Library’s mission by providing technical and functional support for the Chief Facilities Officer
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides assistance to the Chief Facilities Management Officer in all areas of Facilities Management including but not limited to: bidding and oversight of capital improvement projects, assisting all facilities in addressing deferred maintenance, and providing research in all areas of facilities management.
- Provides courteous and knowledgeable customer service to staff, external contacts, vendors and contractors.
- Maintains and repairs systems controls for Library district facilities; may train other technicians in these operations.
- Performs installation, assembly, and repair of machinery and electrical equipment.
- Performs wood and metal fabrication, plumbing and electrical work, and other skilled labor as required.
- Performs repair and maintenance on library vehicles; maintains vehicle repair and maintenance records.
- Assists Chief Facilities Management Officer in training, scheduling and providing work direction to other facilities personnel.
- Moves and delivers equipment and books throughout the Library District.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as clearing litter, stocking paper supplies and cleaning carpet/upholstery.
- Responsible for grounds keeping duties, including snow removal.
- Performs meeting room set-ups and tear-downs, including furniture and equipment placement, trash removal, and furniture repair.
- May perform courier and shipping/receiving duties: receives, unpacks, counts and examines arriving shipments. Verifies completeness against shipping documents, checks for damaged goods and maintains related paperwork.
- Performs repairs requested through the electronic Facilities Work Order system.
- Participates in emergency/on-call schedule.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
Duties are considered non-essential and include the following:
- Represents the Chief Facilities Officer at meetings in his absence, as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- May participate on Library District teams.
- Attends regular department meetings and scheduled All-staff meetings.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The employee is expected to perform or possess the following:
- Knowledge of the Pikes Peak Library District’s policies and procedures and ability to follow them.
- Ability to act as an ambassador of Pikes Peak Library District by promoting its mission and vision.
- Demonstrates knowledge of facilities operational processes, management, and budgeting.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills.
- Maintains effective relationships with contractors, vendors, and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrates advanced ability to use applications software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and organizational financial processing system, along with standard office equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively as a team member, organize daily work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, detail-rich environment.
Education and Experience:
- Requires high school diploma or G.E.D.; two years of college coursework strongly
- Requires a minimum of two years of related administrative experience; experience in a
facilities management or construction office environment strongly preferred.
- Project management experience and familiarity with facilities or construction terminology
- Requires passing of a Post Offer Pre-employment Physical test.
- Bilingual ability is a plus in serving a diverse community.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is primarily conducted in an office setting that provides comfortable lighting, temperature and air conditions. Position requires the ability to sit and use a computer or standard office equipment for extended periods. Position requires the ability to occasionally stand for extended periods of time. Position requires the ability to occasionally reach, bend, climb, twist and squat. Position requires the ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting rooms, e.g. use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations. Position also requires occasional exposure to potential hazards, including heights, electrical and chemical hazards. Position requires occasionally working in all exterior weather conditions.
FACILITIES SPECIALIST – SPECIAL PROJECTS – LIBRARY 21C
(40 hours per week, non-exempt) – Position #160249603
PRIMARY LOCATION: 1175 Chapel Hills Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80920
STARTING WAGE: $16.83 per hour + full benefits (for benefits information, please see: http://ppld.org/jobs/benefits)
POSITION HOURS: 40 hours per week per the following schedule:
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
On call rotation approximately every 7th week.
Note: Regular schedule may be subject to minor changes due to required meetings, training events, etc. Also, management may require modifications to a position’s schedule, days, times and locations at any time as the needs of the Library District change.
- Complete a PPLD online application located at org on/Jobs the Application tab
- Attachments should be submitted in the following file types: .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .htm
- Requires resume and cover letter
- If you require an accommodation to complete your job application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (719) 531-6333, Ext. 6380 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by November 15, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. MST.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
All selected candidates…
- are required to complete a Department of Homeland Security I-9 Form at the time of hire and must be able to provide acceptable documentation in order to verify his/her legal right to be employed in the U.S. (pursuant tothe Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986). Pikes Peak Library District participates in E-Verify.
- are subject to a full reference and background investigation including verification of identification (including verification of Social Security number using USCIS E-verify), education, former employment, and criminal history.
- may be uniformly tested for job-related skills and required physical abilities.
- may be required to undergo a physical examination after a job offer is extended in order to ensure that the job’s physical
- requirements are met.
- must understand and comply with PPLD’s drug-free workplace policy.
- understand and agree that they have been hired at the will of the employer and that employment may be terminated at any time, with or without reason, and with or without notice.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Pikes Peak Library District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation including gender orientation, genetic information, military status, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. The library reserves the right to hire more than one person per advertised vacancy.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Facilities Specialist – Special Projects (1175 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO, USA) ]