Remote (This position will be required to travel to and from North Atlanta to North Alabama, and occasionally locations in Florida, southern Georgia, and southern Alabama.)
TITLE: Facility Maintenance Technician
DEPARTMENT(S): Property Management
REPORTS to Facilities Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Semiskilled work in the operation and maintenance of medical facilities and keeping same in a condition as prescribed by the client and the Facilities Manager.
This position will be required to travel to and from North Atlanta to North Alabama, and occasionally locations in Florida, southern Georgia, and southern Alabama.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate work activities of vendors involved in the repair and maintenance of the facility to ensure the facility itself is not damaged and affords minimal disruption to tenants.
2. Interact and supervise work done by contract vendors.
3. Police all common areas of the property – this includes trash pick-up, cleaning of cobwebs, empty trash cans as required, and the dusting exterior windowsills, trash cans, dispensers, etc.
4. Check lighting changing light bulbs and ballasts as necessary.
5. Regularly check landscape irrigation system, including time clocks, for proper operation. Make repairs as necessary.
6. Regularly check roofs and gutters removing any debris.
7. Regularly check common area restrooms making sure that all fixtures work properly and that they are properly stocked.
8. Perform assigned work orders – these include, but not limited to, replacing ceiling tiles, replacing light bulbs and/or ballast, checking HVAC temperatures, settings, and operation, minor plumbing repairs.
9. Maintain inventory of building supplies and order as needed upon obtaining appropriate approvals.
10. Pick up supplies from local vendors when necessary.
11. Perform handyman and maintenance functions to include painting, moving furniture and other heavy items that may require the use of ladders and hand tools, dollies, and hand trucks.
12. May perform some grounds maintenance and landscape work.
13. Assist in the development of scope of work for maintenance and repair activities and assist in obtaining quotes for said work.
14. Maintain records and prepare work logs and reports.
15. Perform routine security functions to ensure designated offices and buildings are secure.
16. Perform preventative maintenance for building systems (exterior envelopes and interior ceilings, floors, walls, windows, finishes and hardware, keys, panel alarm hardware, etc.), plumbing, electrical (lights, light tube changes, ballasts, outlets, circuitry, electrical panels), and mechanical systems including controls, pump, and motors.
17. Repair facilities structures, systems and components, including performing minor repairs to building plumbing, low-voltage, and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life safety protection/equipment systems, sprinkler systems, and assisting in structural and roof inspections.
18. Performs maintenance of HVAC systems.
19. Identify repair and maintenance projects requiring the assistance of contractors or vendors.
20. Assists with and learns to perform electronic recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and repair so that Facilities Management Services division makes the most efficient and effective use of computerized maintenance management and service request systems.
21. Maintains a working knowledge of materials, systems and code requirements related to maintenance of assigned facilities.
22. Responds to emergencies and closures including adverse weather to be certain that all facilities are protected and remain operational. Assists with tasks required in preparing to open facilities after closure. Perform systems, equipment checks, and start-up operations as assigned.
23. Operates a company vehicle and is responsible for its safe operation and reporting any observed maintenance needs.
24. Maintains appropriate records and reports.
25. Submits accurate, timely and complete reports, work order completions and associated receipts.
26. Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors with exposure to various weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions, noise and temperature extremes. Position involves frequent bending, standing, kneeling, climbing ladders, reaching below and above shoulders, and lifting objects weighing up to 100 lbs. while performing job duties. Wrist, hand and finger dexterity is required to operate various equipment and materials.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of the operation of lighting, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems, including chiller equipment.
2. Ability to inspect a wide variety of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and other equipment and fixtures to determine defects and needed repairs.
3. Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, and materials used in general maintenance and repair work.
4. Ability to supervise maintenance functions.
5. Pleasant demeanor and ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
6. Works in a safe, efficient, effective, and professional manner.
7. Ability to demonstrate timeliness and responsibility in all facets of the position assigned.
8. Skill in the use of tools and equipment necessary to do general maintenance and repair work including minor plumbing repairs.
9. Basic computer use to maintain logs, inventories; respond to service requests and emails; access the computerized maintenance management system; attend video conference calls.
10. Excellent communication skills.
11. Superior customer service skills.
1. Satisfactory background investigation.
2. Satisfactory drug test.
3. Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
4. Ability to climb ladders – both step and extension and stairs.
5. Ability to lift 100 pounds.
6. Three (3) years commercial property maintenance experience and a high school diploma.
Learn the functions of and use a variety of tools and power equipment; maintain routine records and reports in computerized and written formats; effectively use email and automated calendaring systems; make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately; learn and apply health and safety regulations; perform assigned tasks independently and ask for supervision or guidance as needed; understand and follow oral and written directions.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Construction site
- Outdoor work
- Facilities maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Facility Maintenance Technician (Remote (This position will be required to travel to and from North Atlanta to North Alabama, and occasionally locations in Florida, southern Georgia, and southern Alabama.)) ]