Remote (Allentown, PA, USA)
Reporting to the Field Services Manager, the Field Service Technician’s primary function is the installation, repair, maintenance and management of Pregis Packaging Systems/Equipment. In addition to assisting with the equipment needs of their customers, it is the responsibility of Pregis Field Service Technicians to effectively communicate with Pregis Systems Administrators, Regional and Account Managers, and customers about technical and non-technical information regarding their equipment.
Fully remote and based out of the greater Allentown/Easton area. Daily local travel Monday to Friday to customer sites. General territory radius of 150 miles. Average of 5 to 8 overnights per month. Overtime as required.
- Provide in-field support and development of material delivery systems
- Comprehensive preventative maintenance scheduling, machine tracking and material usage monitoring
- Perform demonstrations of Pregis systems and train end-users on operation and maintenance
- Film/consumable and machine trouble shooting and quality control reporting
- Satisfying, in a timely and complete fashion, the required service-related documentation
- Key account focus and ongoing communication of opportunities to retain or grow business
Experience and Skills
- Associates Degree or equivalent from 2-year college preferred
- At least 5 years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Mechanical assembly skills and ability to read blueprints/manuals required
- Strong mechanical troubleshooting, calibration, and maintenance skills and some electrical aptitude required
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to effectively engage with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Ability to work successfully with little to no direct supervision
- Effective time management and cost control skills
- A clean driving record is required (company car is provided)
- Availability to travel daily Monday to Friday within a territory radius of 150 miles with 5 to 8 overnights per month
- Ability to occasionally lift or move up to 25 lbs required
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
Our Growth Culture
We thrive in an open transparent environment where we constantly challenge our team members to share their diversity of thought by incorporating round table discussions, regular 1.1’s and maintaining a collaborative environment.
Pregis Core Values
Integrity – The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness. Here at Pregis, we value our people and expect the highest quality from each.
Collaboration – Combination action of a group of people, especially when effective and efficient. Pregis strives to hire people that want to win as a team. We look for these qualities when interviewing and value the people that want to strive for the greater good!
Customer Focus – We recognize that having a strong customer focus means having a strong contribution of overall success. We are about putting our customers and their satisfaction first! When recruiting for the right fit, we strive to find this quality in our candidates as a priority for both internal and external customer basis.
Innovation – Here at Pregis, we are always innovating and keeping up with the newest technology to stay proactive within the market.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe in diversity of thought and bringing together other traits and characteristics that make an individual bring a unique experience to Pregis. We strive to foster an inclusive environment where behaviors and social norms ensure people are welcome.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement/Inclusion
We offer equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We support inclusion and believe in welcoming a collective sum of individual differences, thoughts, traits, and characteristics to represent Pregis’ culture and achievements.
Visit us at www.pregis.com for more information about Pregis LLC.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Field Service Technician – Allentown Region (Remote (Allentown, PA, USA)) ]