The Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining and servicing IGT equipment at Retailer (customer) locations. Responds to dispatches and drives to customer locations within a specified “zone” to deliver supplies and to install, remove, or repair lottery equipment and communication devices.
- Responsible for transporting, installing (if applicable), and maintaining IGT equipment, replacement parts, tools, and other equipment in an organized and structured manner.
- Attend driver training and follow IGT vehicle policy regarding the use and maintenance of the company vehicle.
- Maintain equipment to promote continuous operation of IGT equipment.
- Troubleshoot to restore malfunctioning equipment to working order in the field. This may include swapping failed equipment, cleaning and/or minor adjusting of the malfunctioning component.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with Dispatchers. Accurately report activity, arrival and departure times and problems, details, and resolutions of failures to Dispatch.
- Deliver marketing supplies and consumable parts such as paper, ribbons, betslips, etc. and track inventory of these items.
- Deliver basic training to new Retailers or refresher/remedial training to Retailers who may be performing procedures incorrectly, such as changing paper and ribbon.
- Complete basic forms for reporting activities, equipment problems, recommendations for improvements to procedures, etc.
- High school degree or GED equivalent required.
- 1 or more years of experience in a customer service related position
- 1 or more years of experience in technical repairs
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record and demonstrate the ability to correctly perceive colors.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to climb a ladder, lift and carry equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds for a significant distance (e.g., from a parked vehicle to a point within the Retailer’s location or to the rooftop of the retailer’s location). Must be able to sit and drive for prolonged periods of time, demonstrate dexterity when working with tools and work with moving parts and electrical current. May work at heights (rooftop) for installation of equipment, work in close quarters and/or; be exposed to inclement weather during some installations.
- An offer of employment, and continuation of employment with IGT, is subject to and contingent upon IGT’s obtainment of security clearance and meeting pre-employment reference, background check requirements and pre-placement physical and drug testing requirements as applicable to IGT’s satisfaction and approval based upon the requirements of the Company’s customers and/or regulators. Certain jurisdictions may require additional personal disclosures which may include, but not be limited to, personal financial records, character references, etc.
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Field Service Technician (Remote) ]