130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA
Riverdale Mills Corporation
The Galvanizing Operator performs a variety of standard galvanizing line operations to set-up and operate the Galvanizing Line equipment following standard procedures to produce the highest quality galvanized wire.
Galvanizing Operator Requirements:
- Ability to communicate with others.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have experience as a team leader, manager or supervisor.
- Ability to train others.
- Mechanical ability.
- Ability to read and use micrometer and measuring tape.
- Knowledgeable in the use of various hand and electrical power tools.
- Must be organized.
Galvanizing Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from specification sheets, job orders, written and verbal instructions.
- Set-up manufacturing process while insuring the speed and temperature of equipment is in accordance with prescribed levels for various wire size and types.
- Determine materials that are necessary as indicated by production specifications, and ensure all process tanks are filled to proper levels as prescribed by engineering supervision, and Quality Control.
- Select correct spindle for production run and ensure proper installation; feed wire leader through machine and position for pick up by Spindle Operator.
- Operate equipment, making temperature, speed and product adjustments to equipment as needed to maintain quality and quantity control during processing.
- Perform minor maintenance and general upkeep of line equipment.
- Correct cause of improper processing.
- Report serious problems to the maintenance department or supervisor.
- Ensure that all products are properly tagged
- Use skimming/drowsing tools in performing those operations.
- Use Unishear or splice tools during training or while assisting, use hand tools for equipment adjustments.
- Use various hand and electrical power tools, micrometer, plug gauge, supplies and equipment to perform job.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and unusual conditions to the supervisor.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations along with maintaining quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by manager.
- On feet for most of shift.
- Lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Pushing, pulling, turning, twisting, and bending.
- Moving heavy weight material; such as wire mesh rolls.
Riverdale Mills Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of galvanized and PVC coated welded wire mesh in the world. A privately held company based in Northbridge, MA, Riverdale Mills specializes in the design and manufacturing of commercial, industrial and consumer wire products, tools and accessories for the marine, aquaculture, security, and construction and farming industries. The company’s exemplary quality and manufacturing expertise is known worldwide. Riverdale’s brand names include: Aquamesh®, WireWall®, MarineMesh®, Geomesh™ and Soft-Step™.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
Riverdale Mills is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization this could be your next long term role.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Galvanizing Operator (130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA) ]