Village Links of Glen Ellyn, Winchell Way, Glen Ellyn, IL, USA
Village of Glen Ellyn
The Village Links of Glen Ellyn’s Grounds Department is currently accepting applications for seasonal golf and grounds positions. The purpose of these positions is to provide general labor assistance to maintenance crews during the golf season. Duties include performing mowing, string trimming, filling divots, rolling greens, course setup, and general golf course maintenance. Training with vehicles/equipment and familiarization with department operations will be provided upon hire.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and repairs to golf course grounds, facilities, and equipment
- Perform mowing and trimming of all turf areas with both small and large specialty mowers
- Perform golf course construction and maintenance
- Empty garbage and pick-up litter
- Paint and stain various golf course amenities
- Weeding of flower beds and grounds
- Assist with seasonal operations and special projects
- Assist with custodial tasks on golf course facilities and grounds
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for job function when needed
- Maintain timely two-way verbal and written communications with supervisors and other operators about mechanical problems and concerns
- Maintain good safety awareness and follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Assist with other club maintenance and repairs as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
All employees must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, climbing, walking, some heavy lifting and/or moving of heavy items, grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally works around vibrations and noise, moving mechanical parts, confined spaces and underground trenches, heights, and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme outdoor temperatures and weather conditions.
Flexible hours from 12 to 40 hours per week to meet the needs of the employee. The golf season typically runs from mid-March to mid-November.
The pay offered for this position is $15.00/hr with additional consideration for prior experience.
Please note that golf privileges are included.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit a completed employment application (click here) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must indicate (Job ID #09-22 “Golf & Grounds Worker-VL”) in the subject line.
- The position is open until filled; however, review of applications is ongoing at this time.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal background check as well as a post-offer physical and drug screen.
Candidates requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Human Resources at 630-469-5000.
THE VILLAGE OF GLEN ELLYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Golf & Grounds Workers (Village Links of Glen Ellyn, Winchell Way, Glen Ellyn, IL, USA) ]