Queens, NY, USA
The Health and Safety Supervisor (Day/Night) is responsible for ensuring that all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to and that safe practices are adopted. They help to plan, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that are in place that employees are required to follow, and work to minimize operational losses, occupational health problems, incidents and injuries.
- Communicates with Project Managers, Health and Safety Officers, Facility Health and Safety Representatives and Director of Health and Safety to ensure field safety for all jobsites and facilities.
- Supports the Posillico Project Manager in the developing of and implementation of project health and safety program in accordance with Client expectations and Posillico policies and procedures.
- Administers the Site Health and Safety Program and advises the Project Manager with regards to all matters of health and safety associated with the project.
- Implements and Administers the Site Specific HASP to include client’s safety program and Posillico policies and procedures.
- Provides Leadership for all safety personnel assigned to project.
- Provides site orientation (includes Posillico site specific HASP) to Posillico and subcontractors working on project.
- Will lead the Incident investigation on projects and conduct interviews of witnesses.
- Coordinates investigation process with Project Manager, Corporate Office and Client.
- Assists clients Site Health and Safety Manager in preparation of audits.
- Performs duties in accordance with Posillico Health and Safety Program Procedures, Posillico policies and procedures and the site-specific health and safety plans.
- Provides leadership and daily supervision to all project safety officers.
- Assists with implementation of HASP.
- Serves as safety and health competent person as defined by OSHA standard.
- Conducts daily site audits and inspections.
- Reports and documents incidents and issues related to site safety.
- Assists the Project with regard to incident investigations.
- Coordinates daily side wide tasks with Project Supervisor addressing safety concerns and resolutions.
- Supervises all site monitoring activities.
- Ensures all training for site is accomplished and current.
- Reviews and assist with preparation of AHA’s.
- Assists in the implementation of the video surveillance safety program assisting in the review of findings and coordinating with the project teams to implement corrective measures as part of the project oversight.
- BA / BS degree in engineering, safety, health sciences, or equivalent, or have equivalent experience in an occupational safety capacity.
- 5+ years’ health and safety experience with health and safety compliance. Experience in the Construction industry required.
- Credential as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is preferred.
- Able to demand, encourage, and motivate participation in the company’s safety program.
- Effective communicator; both oral and written.
- The ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, clients, and agency inspectors.
- The ability to develop and implement efficient and effective procedures.
- A moderate level of IT skills with excel, word, and power point applications.
- Patience and diplomacy; the position requires a collaborative approach.
- OSHA 500 Certification.
- HazWoper 40 / Train the Trainer preferred.
- NYC Site Safety Manager License preferred.
- NYC Site Fire Safety Manager License preferred.
Reports to: Health and Safety Director
Business Unit: Safety
Location: Field – Long Island and NYC, Day shift 7:00am-3:30pm / Night shift 9:00pm-5:30am
Compensation: Commensurate upon experience, night differential where appropriate
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Health & Safety Supervisor (Day/Night) (Queens, NY, USA) ]