Baton Rouge, LA, USA
Employee Owned Companies Inc.
Vermeer Texas – Louisiana is the authorized distributor for Vermeer equipment in Texas and South Louisiana with twelve branch locations, a corporate office and rebuild facility across the region. A 100% employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping, wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction and mining industries. For more information about Vermeer Texas – Louisiana log on to www.vermeertexas.com.
The Service Technician is responsible for high quality and effective repair of equipment. Provides excellent customer service, maintains professionalism, and ensures appropriate and detailed records for time, parts, supplies, purchases and repairs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reconditions and repairs equipment and components
- Maintains complete and detailed working records for time, parts, supplies, and outside purchases for repairs
- Maintains and cares for shop tools, all Company equipment and Company vehicles.
- Performs diagnostic inspections as directed
- Interacts with customers and co-workers on a daily basis and may have interaction with sub-contractors of customers
- Accountable for following all DOT, OSHA, ISO9001 and established Company rules, regulations and guidelines
- Ability to hookup to machines and diagnose with laptop
- Ability to perform fabrication and welding processes.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in the same or similar industry
- Owns and maintains personal tool inventory
- Mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, a good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical functions. Strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities, works with minimal supervision, customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable, ethical, able to adapt to the people and environment around them – customers, suppliers, co-workers and manufacturer’s employees
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics, pneumatics, diagnosing and calibration a plus
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all times and communication is to be clear and language is to be profanity free while employee demeanor is to be calm and composed