677 Main Street, Westbrook, ME, USA
Bagala Window Works
Bagala Window Works helps clients restore the beauty and integrity of their historic wooden windows and doors while increasing energy efficiency. We practice traditional techniques along with proven new methods to enhance the value and durability of our restorations. We are a small team of skilled craftspeople who value a healthy and respectful work environment, with a passion for quality and craftsmanship.
We are currently looking for 2 to 3 Window Techs to join our team.
Entry-level Window Technicians perform many window restoration tasks, ultimately working to master all skills. These skills include safely stripping lead paint, sanding sash, priming, and painting sash.
This position would involve removing and installing sash at residential/commercial site locations.
Other responsibilities may include: using power tools, performing stabilization and repair work, glazing sash, and applying weatherstrip.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and open to learning
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well with others and communicates in a clear, respectful manner
- Works at a productive, steady pace based on time estimates given
- Shares company values of inclusion, quality, and integrity
- Works in an organized and tidy manner
- Knows when to ask questions and seek guidance from colleagues
- Lift and move objects up to 50 lbs. for 50 ft.
- Some work on ladders and staging
- Some power tool and hand tool knowledge
- Driver’s license
- Being a team player is a must!
- Ability to follow health & safety requirements, including lead-safe hygiene practices; power equipment clearance, and use.
We are offering permanent full-time positions, beginning with a 2-month trial period. Starting pay depends on experience. Applicants with an interest in historic buildings, historic preservation or conservation, and/or experience making art are encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT: to be considered, please submit both a resume and cover letter briefly describing your interest in working with our company. No phone or in-person inquiries will be accepted.
Bagala Window Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.25 – $26.00 depending on experience
Paid time off at an accrual rate of 0.0638 hours per hour worked
Professional development assistance
8 paid holidays
Annual Holiday Closure from December 24th to January 1st
401K with company match
Monday to Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.25 – $26.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Westbrook, ME 04092: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Historic Window Restoration Technician (677 Main Street, Westbrook, ME, USA) ]