Combination of Onsite and field
Care Synergy is seeking Hospice Nurses to Care for our beloved Hospice Patients.
The Denver Hospice
Halcyon at Colorado VNA
Pikes Peak Hospice
Colorado Visiting Nurse Association
Denver Metro, Ft Collins/ Greeley, Colorado Springs
Hospice Case Management, Home Health, After Hours, Admissions, Centralized Call Center (Triage), evenings, weekends, days.
Hourly Pay Range: $31.49 – $42.51
As an organization, new hires for this role are typically starting no higher than the midpoint of $37.00 per hour. New hires are placed into a salary grade based on education, experience and equity within a position. Please note that compensation ranges are intended to be a good faith estimate of a likely hiring range for this position.
Supplemental pay based on position, schedule and/or availability.
- Paid Mileage
- Shift Differentials
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement:
Employee travel is paid out based on company pay practices.
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
Employee Classification: FTBE – Regular Full Time benefit eligible employees are regularly scheduled 30 hours or more.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Vacation Pay and Sick Leave – Accrued
- Holiday Pay with an additional Floating Holiday
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides assessment, supportive care and education to prospective patients and families regarding hospice services. Determines hospice appropriateness of the patient; assists in admitting patients to the hospice program. Acts as a liaison with assigned hospitals, facilities and physicians.
- Assesses and counsels the patients and families during the initial interviews to properly determine the level of care as well as the physical and psychosocial needs of the prospective patient. Accurately gathers information and data, reviews charts, and records information. Provides education on hospice philosophy.
- Efficiently and accurately completes all admission paperwork and initiates the clinical record through the EMR process demonstrating knowledge of the admission protocol.
- Assesses and places orders for immediate medication needs. Oversees the placement orders for durable medical equipment, supplies and oxygen as needed.
- Consults with staff of hospital, skilled nursing facility (SNF) or Assisted Living Facility (ALF) to determine discharge orders and to facilitate discharge to home, SNF or other residence. Interfaces with referring physicians, nurses, ancillary providers and discharge planners to facilitate a well-coordinated transition into hospice for patients and families.
- Communicates pertinent patient/family information to the interdisciplinary team and follows through to facilitate a smooth transition.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two years of experience in hospice palliative and/or home health care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN licensure. CPR Certification required for TDH, Pathways and Pikes Peak. Valid Colorado State driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Lifts, positions, pushes, and/or transfers patients
- Prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking/sitting
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Visual and auditory acuity
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Hospice Nurse (RN) (Combination of Onsite and field) ]