Columbia, SC, USA
Columbia Museum of Art
Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Reports To: Facility Operations and Systems Manager
Status: Full-Time, non-exempt
Purpose: To support the mission of the Columbia Museum of Art (CMA) in its goal of becoming the beloved art museum in the Southeast by ensuring that visitors have an excellent experience in a facility that is clean and welcoming. Performs and supervises staff and third-party services in accomplishing housekeeping responsibilities in all public spaces, other specified areas, and offices. Directs and coordinates the daily custodial operations and gives instructions for general cleaning and key special events. Inspects the work of custodial staff and employees and provides appropriate feedback to improve the facility, cleaning standards, and general depth of knowledge on cleaning best practices.
- Conducts hourly building checks for cleanliness, maintenance issues, irregularities, and/or property damage
- Routine maintenance of catering areas, lobby stations and restrooms as needed
- Assigns daily tasks and responsibilities to custodial staff on duty
- Promoting and exercising high customer service standards to visitors and staff
- Adherence to all tenets of the Facility Security Guidelines and the Emergency Disaster Plan
- Research and implement cost effective methods for cleaning, maintenance, and upkeep of facilities and custodial equipment.
- Facility maintenance assistance to Maintenance and Security Supervisors as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Self-direction in daily and routine tasks
- Ability to supervise a small group.
- Ability to work independently under periods of short notice.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to train and mentor on best practices for cleaning.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience in housekeeping or custodial duties
- One year of supervisor experience
- In-depth knowledge of efficient and effective cleaning techniques
- Ability to operate electrical cleaning equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds individually and 100 pounds in a two-person team
- Ability to schedule custodial staff and de-conflict staffing issues
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Job Type: This is a Full-Time, 40 hours per week, Non-Exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
Contact: The Columbia Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity, accessibility, equity, and inclusion. Confidential inquiries, applications, and recommendations are welcome. Please email cover letter and resume to Mrs. Jeanna Dixon-McCray, at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Housekeeping Supervisor” in the subject line.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience that demonstrates proven success: $31,998 – $47,998, plus benefits.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Housekeeping Supervisor (Columbia, SC, USA) ]