Yuma, AZ, USA
Frontier Technology Inc.
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking a full-time Innovative Science and Military Technology SME to join our team of qualified, talented, and diverse individuals in Yuma, AZ.
- This position is responsible for providing science and emerging technology expertise in support of experimentation and technical demonstrations for US Marine Corps Operational Test and Evaluation Squadron One, VMX-1.
- The candidate will provide subject matter expertise and guidance on cutting edge technologies while functioning as an expert in leveraging the potential of US Government research and technology development agencies and academia.
- The candidate will provide technical support for digital interoperability and IT initiatives involving networking of military radios, computers, and IT systems.
- Independently research, become proficient with, and report on emerging technologies that have the potential to influence how USMC Aviation and related activities operate.
- Critically evaluate emerging technologies to determine potential applications and impacts to Marine Corps aviation operations.
- Represent the squadron at meetings with other Marine Corps stakeholders to build partnerships, assist with the demonstration of technology, and provide inputs for the development of requirements.
- Communicate clearly and effectively through professional technical writing and verbal briefs to both technical and general audiences.
- Evaluate and provide feedback regarding the most effective ways to leverage the potential value of emerging technologies and facilitate technology transition.
- Provide insight into topics which directly affect the potential impact of demonstration systems/software to USMC aviation activities.
- Provide technical understanding of system technologies to assist the Science and Technology Department with activities including data capture development and comprehensive analysis.
- Prepare plans and reports for S&T experiments and demonstrations to document results and provide technical recommendations.
- Gather, collect, maintain and process data from different sources in an organized fashion.
- Assist Operational Test Directors and test managers with operationally relevant or technical expertise.
- 5+ years (2+ with Master’s) of experience with emerging technologies.
- Experience working with Marine Corps organizations and government labs and research facilities in conjunction with emerging technologies.
- Operational experience with Tactical Networks and IT structures.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and technical documents for senior leaders.
- Able to think analytically, be detail-oriented, demonstrate problem solving and work independently with good time-management skills.
- Highly proficient in desktop computer applications e.g. Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- (Minimum) Bachelor’s degree in computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields – 5 years experience in highly technical field may be considered in conjunction with education.
- (Preferred) Master’s degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field or 10 years experience in highly technical field may be considered in conjunction with education.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to maintain a government security clearance.
- Prefer a working knowledge of Department of Defense mission, activities and terms with a focus on Marine Corps doctrine.
- Working knowledge of the DoD 5000 series, OPNAVINST 5000.42 series, as well as SECNAVINST 5000 series instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with members of a diverse military and civilian team.