Waltham, MA, USA
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
Do you want to work for one of the top engineering firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.
We want someone passionate about laboratory work and problem solving.
The entry-level laboratory technician position with hands-on mechanical experience, equipment maintenance, and excellent organizational skills. The Laboratory Technician works under general supervision, but a certain degree of independence, creativity and latitude is required and expected.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with concrete mixing, cutting, and polishing (SGH will train).
- Assist with laboratory physical testing setup and component fabrication/assembly.
- Assist with the management of the lab equipment inventory; sign equipment in/out, gather equipment for staff, maintain equipment records, perform maintenance and calibration. Work with outside vendors for repairs and calibration, etc.
- Responsible for receipt and logging of incoming deliveries (equipment, samples, and supplies).
- Assists senior staff in management of sample in storage.
- Operate forklift (SGH will train).
What You’ll Need:
- 1-2 years of experience proving basic computer, math and time management skills.
- Hands-on mechanical ability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-starter and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to stand, sit, use computers, read, write, type, use fax machines, use copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones, and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients, co-workers and customers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds
Why You’ll Like Working at SGH:
- Our work: Our clients trust us with their most challenging projects, and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results. At SGH, you will develop innovative solutions for the built environment by working with industry thought leaders and accessing the latest in testing, research, and technology.
- Our people: We are people of high character and diverse talents who are committed to lifelong learning and professional growth. As part of our team, you will join peers who love solving difficult problems and strive to be outstanding in everything they do.
- Our commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back. Here, you can help advance our profession by contributing to industry organizations, committees, standards, and procedures. Within our communities, we strive to improve neighborhoods and mentor our future leaders.
- Our contribution: At SGH, you have access to a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH has over 600 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, Waltham, MA and Washington DC.
SGH® is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Laboratory Technician (Entry-level) (Waltham, MA, USA) ]