Beverly Hills, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
Here’s what you’ll do:
The Landscape Gardener performs a variety of work such as litter and trash removal; planting and maintaining ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, lawns, and hardscape; as well as applying fertilizers, pesticides, and other chemicals, according to instructions or documented best practices. Additionally, this work includes, but is not limited to: mowing, trimming, cutting, blowing, watering, power washing, etc. The Landscape Gardener is responsible for ensuring that all work is accomplished in a safe manner at all times, in compliance with adopted standards, while striving to produce the best possible results.
- Plant and maintain ornamental trees, shrubs, flowers, and lawns. Apply fertilizers, pesticides, and other treatments according to instructions or documented best practices.
- Complete various tasks required to maintain gardens, including but not limited to, mowing, trimming, cutting, blowing, watering, power washing, litter and trash removal.
- Ensure that all activities are performed in a safe manner. Immediately report any unsafe conditions observed or encountered while completing assigned work to your supervisor or other appropriate individual(s).
- Safely and effectively operate power equipment including, but not limited to, power mowers, edgers, string trimmers, chainsaws, and roto-tillers; inspect equipment prior to each use including checking oil and fluid levels, confirming proper placement of guards and shields, etc.
- Strive to produce the best possible results during all work performed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs minor pest management
- Rakes and maintains gravel paved areas
- Performs any other tasks as directed by Landscape Manager, Foreman, and Property management and staff.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Willingness to learn
- Hardworking, reliable, and self-motivating
- Excellent gardening skills
- Transportation to work and the ability to be on time
- High school or GED preferred
- Previous related work experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to use hand tools: brooms, rakes, shovels, saws, loppers, trimmers, back pack sprayers, and other hand tools; Motorized equipment: walk behind power mowers, edgers, string trimmers, leaf blowers, power trimmers, chain saws, roto-tillers, power augers, sod cutter, walk behind trencher, motorized herbicide sprayer, and other power tools.
- Ability to stand, crawl, walk and stoop; push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors, in wet weather and in fluctuating and extreme temperatures. Ability to work in noisy and dusty conditions.
- Ability to use hand trucks, dollies, wheelbarrows, carts, etc.
- This is a regular, non-exempt, 40 hour per week position.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.